Wrong TDS entry in Form 26 AS

Need urgent advise from some one please -
In my Form 26AS for assessment year 20-21, some entries of TDS has been shown under section 194C by some one with whom I never had any dealing. Moreover, my income is only from interest on fixed deposit in bank, while this entry has been made by some one in the name of Vijay Kumar Jain having TAN SRTV04307C

Kindly please advise how these wrong entries can be corrected from my Form 26AS more  

View all 8 comments Below 8 comments
Go to income tax department website and login with your pan number and password. Them under my account click view form 26as. You be be taken to trace site. click view form 26AS and select assessment year and click You will see the form. Then click "download PDF. Your form 26AS will be down loaded. You may report the issue under "mismatch" under my account. See there details about reporting mismatch more  
Dear Mr. Gupta, since you are able to view your Form 26AS please follow the steps to download Form 16A. You will find the details of Mr. Jain. There is no way for me to download your Form 16A. more  
Mr Mohit, I could not find the tab for downloading the form 16A from the trace site where I downloaded my Form 26AS. more  
Brij Gupta Ji you can contact the ITO TDS SURAt whose contact details are as under Mr A N Mansuri Landline 27545773 Mobile 9408792193 and discuss your problem with him. He can provide you the contact details of Mr Vijay Kumar Jain from his TAN data base then you can contact Mr Jain and request him to rectify his TDS Statement. It is a common mistake when PAN has identical numbers and can be easily rectified. Please don't worry as you have ample time to file your ITR till 30th November 2020 and I think till then your Form 26AS will be rectified andthen you can file your ITR. more  
You may find contact details on Form 16A, more  
Thanks sir, but how to get the contact tel or email of Mr Jain? more  
The contact details including address, email and telephone are available on Form 16A more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Unfair practice by IT Deptt,

      I had filed my income tax return for the assessment year 2021-22 under section 139(1) i.e., filed on or before the due date, and claimed the refund of Rs. 5000 plus. The same was acknowledged by th...

      By Indu Bhushan Bhargava
    • Income Tax Refund Delay

      I am a senior citizen and filed my return on the 18th Oct but till date (23rd Dec) I have not recd my refund. I have called their Helpline no also many times. They say they will lodge my complaint ...

      By Neeru Sood
    • Senior Citizens retirement plans going for a toss

      For bank fixed deposits in India: 2016: 9.3% interest 2019: 8% interest 2021: 5.5% interest Senior citizens retirement plans must be under water unless they did enough ...

      By Aditi Jain
    • New Income Tax Portal System

      God news. A lot of time has been vested. In the Court, it may be advised that any future such new thing must be tested in all respect and by all stakeholders, before the due date I.e. 31/03 in this...

      By Hasmukh Sangani
    • Why income details must be given to broker

      Always wondered, why does an investor have to fill in income details with the broker? I buy shares if I have money. I do not need to have an income. And PAN number is a must. So why do you add this...

      By Aditi Jain
    • Bad news for small savers

      There won't be any cut in interest rate of Small savings schemes . Yesterday's decision to lower the interest rate is REVERSED

      By Jayanti Natarajan
    • Bad news for small savers

      Rates on small savings schemes reduced by 50-90 basis points. PPF in April-June quarter to earn you only 6.4% interest against 7.1% earlier. Senior Citizens Savings Scheme to earn on 6.5% now compa...

      By Vikram Gupta
    • Secured earning for Senior Citizens

      I raised this point on earlier occasions also. No relief seen in any budget. I made a suggestion as follows: There are some schemes exclusively for the benefit of Senior Citizens like Se...

      By SN Sitaram
    • Rounding off the amount in Bills

      Request guidance as to which is the appropriate circle & authority to whom i can complain regarding the below mentioned issue: Lately with many of my relatives and friends staying in Gurga...

      By Manas Hazarika
    • Great news for seniors

      Senior Citizens (above 75 years) who get pension and interest income only are exempted from filing returns

      By Azam Yusuf
    • The Govt salutes honest and compliant tax payers

      Recently our CBDT isued a press release saying it cannot punish compliant and honest tax payer by extending various due dates for the assessee who are dishonest, lazy and non compliant and our secu...

Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)