Life Saving Kit
1. A talk was delivered by Major General Dr Azhar Mahmood Kayani, a renowned cardiologist, on Prevention of Heart Diseases, at NUST . The guest speaker introduced to the audience a very handy kit which may protect a person from dying of sudden heart attack. It has following items :-
a. Tab Disprin – 4
b. Tab Angisid – 4
c. Deponit NT5 skin patch – 1
2. The worthy professor elaborated that if one feels sudden tightness and pain in centre of chest, radiating to left arm or both sides of neck, accompanied by sweating and uneasiness, one is likely to be in a state of heart attack. Following measures must be taken immediately :-
a. Keeping one Angisid tablet under the tongue.
b. Chewing one Disprin tablet.
c. Pealing of and sticking the Deponit NT5 skin patch on left side of chest.
3. The items of this kit cost about Rs 50-55, without any specific expert handling but can definitely save a person from dying immediately of a heart attack.
4. It is advised that every individual, above 40 years of age, must prepare a kit of his / her own and should always carry inside one’s pocket (hand-bag – in case of ladies).
5. Please disseminate the contents of the message to all about whom you care. more