ITR for the FY2008-2009

I have not filed the tax return for FY2008-2009.And i have double taxation in that year as i came back from US in the mid of year.can i submit the ITR now and get the double taxation by now ? more  

View all 14 comments Below 14 comments
Mr. Krishna Reddy (Software Engineer): As it must be obvious to you by now your assessment officer is waiting for some "dakshina" which is his birthright due to divinity conferred on him by being an employee of the government. If your persual has bourne no fruit so far, file an online complaint on PGRMS site of the central government. Your problem would be resolved in about 3 months. more  
Dear all, I also have similar situation. I came back fro US to India on August 28th, 2008 after spending 4.5 years at US. I have filled income tax returns through tax consultant, according to double taxation calculations I need to get refund of one lakh. But I still not revived. I followed up many times with tax consultant and few times with IT department. But no luck, due to busy work stopped followups, Please suggest me, what can I do to get the refund. I do have all documents. more  
Have sent sms msg to your cell number in the profile. more  
Mr Balasubramanian during the year 2008-2009 your status was NRI as you were out of INDIA for more than 180 days hence there is no liability in INDIA on your foreign income. If your employer had deducted tax by clubbing your US income then he had committed a mistake. Moreover your friend had also committed a super duper blunder mistake by not filling your return nor informing you about that. It is also surprising that when there was a refund of more than Rs.50000 you were sleeping. Now it is advisable for you to contact your assessing officer and discuss with him all the facts truly and after that file your return with delay condonation application narrating all the facts for delay in filling the return. If possible also attach an affidavit of your friend for not filling your return in time. After that you may contact the concerned Commissioner of Income Tax and request him for condoning the delay in filing the return and issue of refund. that's the only procedur you have to claim your refund amount. more  
I was in US till Oct-2008 and came back to india and my company has calculated the income tax including the earnings from Apr to OCt 2008 in the indian salary and deducted tax for that.So in my case there is no tax liability.I have given the documents to my friend to file it and now for demand issue i came to know that he has not filed the return itself.So if there is a way to get back the refund (Atleast more than Rs.50000) then i can proceed more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Unfair practice by IT Deptt,

      I had filed my income tax return for the assessment year 2021-22 under section 139(1) i.e., filed on or before the due date, and claimed the refund of Rs. 5000 plus. The same was acknowledged by th...

      By Indu Bhushan Bhargava
    • Income Tax Refund Delay

      I am a senior citizen and filed my return on the 18th Oct but till date (23rd Dec) I have not recd my refund. I have called their Helpline no also many times. They say they will lodge my complaint ...

      By Neeru Sood
    • Senior Citizens retirement plans going for a toss

      For bank fixed deposits in India: 2016: 9.3% interest 2019: 8% interest 2021: 5.5% interest Senior citizens retirement plans must be under water unless they did enough ...

      By Aditi Jain
    • New Income Tax Portal System

      God news. A lot of time has been vested. In the Court, it may be advised that any future such new thing must be tested in all respect and by all stakeholders, before the due date I.e. 31/03 in this...

      By Hasmukh Sangani
    • Why income details must be given to broker

      Always wondered, why does an investor have to fill in income details with the broker? I buy shares if I have money. I do not need to have an income. And PAN number is a must. So why do you add this...

      By Aditi Jain
    • Bad news for small savers

      There won't be any cut in interest rate of Small savings schemes . Yesterday's decision to lower the interest rate is REVERSED

      By Jayanti Natarajan
    • Bad news for small savers

      Rates on small savings schemes reduced by 50-90 basis points. PPF in April-June quarter to earn you only 6.4% interest against 7.1% earlier. Senior Citizens Savings Scheme to earn on 6.5% now compa...

      By Vikram Gupta
    • Secured earning for Senior Citizens

      I raised this point on earlier occasions also. No relief seen in any budget. I made a suggestion as follows: There are some schemes exclusively for the benefit of Senior Citizens like Se...

      By SN Sitaram
    • Rounding off the amount in Bills

      Request guidance as to which is the appropriate circle & authority to whom i can complain regarding the below mentioned issue: Lately with many of my relatives and friends staying in Gurga...

      By Manas Hazarika
    • Great news for seniors

      Senior Citizens (above 75 years) who get pension and interest income only are exempted from filing returns

      By Azam Yusuf
    • The Govt salutes honest and compliant tax payers

      Recently our CBDT isued a press release saying it cannot punish compliant and honest tax payer by extending various due dates for the assessee who are dishonest, lazy and non compliant and our secu...

Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)