Escorting elderly person to gate
There are public relation officers who can help . if it is chennai I can
In fact we got this info from a relative working with customs.
1) Kindly look at the airports where you are boarding and landing to check if it has access to Aero bridges for domestic flights
2) Check if your airlines have access to Aero bridges. Not all airlies have access to the same. Some airlines line Air India, Vistara and jet airways have access to aero bridges.
3) In case if the location does not have aero bridges, kindly check if the airlines have any facility to assist wheel chair passengers
4) If the location does not have aero bridges, If the person can climb the stairs, then it's easy. If he/she cannot, then one has to hand carry the person and wheel chair together. Kindly check if such facilities are available for the same with the airlines
5) Some flights charge extra for wheel chairs, plz do kindly check if you have to pay any additional fee for the same.
Hope this helps.. Have a safe flight! more
Alternatively you can with a passport and ticket get in with the knowledge of the CISF guard and bring a wheel chair and helper from inside for the elderly person. more