Deteriorating Mobile Services
1. Variation in transmission power for the signal, which can be noticed by variation in the signal strength seen on one’s own mobile phone. If one is sitting at one location, and there is no change in the surrounding atmosphere, the change in the signal strength (number of signal lines one can see) could only be the reason. How can this be controlled?
2. One calls a number, which rings and gets answered. But one cannot hear the voice of the person talking on the other side. After two-three attempts, finally one gets the line, through which the voice of the person on the other side is heard.
3. Signal Drop. Fairly well known and need NOT be described here. But this too could be due to change in signal strength as explained above.
4. Using a mobile number taken from one service provider, in one dials a mobile number on the network of some other service provider, many times one gets to listen “This number does NOT exist. Please check the number you have dialed”. Probably the reason for it could be the inter service provider lines which might all be engaged, to get to such ridiculous recorded reply.
5. Advertisement related calls, where the incoming number is starting with 1400. One has a choice to take or reject such calls. However, most of such calls are received between 2 pm and 4 pm, when a senior citizen prefers to have a nap, and is unnecessarily disturbed.
6. Advertisement related calls from normal ten digit mobile number, either offering you to some stock market related facility or personal loans or better investment options. I wonder, how can such calls be allowed at all? For many of such number, I receive a warning saying that the traffic on that number is unusually high and whether it can be marked as Spam, and blocked? Is there no check on such numbers disturbing the mobile users by not following rules and guidelines?
Now …. how the guidelines and rules could be framed for the service providers, would be the obvious question.
But I have a different and more important question :
What kind of inspection and/or audit TRAI plans to implement to ensure it’s Control, that the guidelines and rules are followed by all the service providers. TRAI has never been transparent on this account, and must have a Control mechanism in place too..
TRAI Has to accept that part of responsibility, without which nothing could be effective ever. more
with Jio 4G connection and every time they give false assurance to resolve. TRAI should inspect
ask for complaints details and penalise the companies every month for deficiency in service. more