Consumer Grievances with Medical Industry - Issues
Thanks for submitting your vote on the poll about what industry has the most share of consumer grievances.
Let us initiate a discussion on the issues consumer face in the medical industry. I request all of you to outline the various issues you have experienced/come across in this industry.
Once we understand the issues, we will root cause them and identify solutions that can be taken to the various Ministries and Departments for implementation.
Our objective would be to bring some systemic changes that will increase accountability and reduce consumer grievances in the medical industry.
I look forward to you inputs!
Rajendra Pratap Gupta more
• Ambulance facilities (Separate road lines for Ambulance)
• All the hospitals to be equipped with credit card machines
• Packages angioplasty angiogram and other Major surgery to be monitored by the Government for both private and Government Hospitals
• Squad to be send to private and government hospitals to identify the public problems
• Free medicines to be provided for poor and senior citizens
• Old Machineries in hospitals to be replaced
• Doctors for emergencies to be available in each locality/villages
• All medical stores to be monitored and should have standard rates with less profit
• Cleanness to be maintained in Government hospitals
• Admission procedure to be made easy and affordable in both private and government hospitals
• Treatment to be started as soon as the patient is admitted (hospitals usually wait for cash accumulation from patients)
• Funds to be generated and utilize for helping poor and needy patients
• Dialysis, Heart and other cronical diseases to be cheap
• All hospitals should have places for worship (Temple, Mosque, Chruch, Gurudwara etc)
• The hospitals indulge in fake report to be penalized
2. It must be made as mandatory that any doctor should not prescribe the medicine by its name or company name, rather they should only prescribe the chemical base of the medicine for the patient.
3. Medical representatives, Drug distributors and the manufacturing companies are following unethical practices to push their product to doctors and in-turn to the patients.
4. Doctors are merely prescribing lots of tests and medicines for even simple problems to their personal gain from medical companies.
5. The hospitals, X-Ray centers and other Labs are having mutual understanding between themselves to grab money from patients by prescribing more and more tests and finally they say nothing was the problem.
6. There must be an individual government body should be formed and that must be accessible to common people. The common people should be able to access this committee and they should be able to verify the report produced by the doctor and the whether the correct medicines were prescribed and correct treatment was given for the disease.
7. In some government hospitals the doctors and other people are illegally carrying the medicines and tablets outside of the hospital and using in their private clinics and even selling those medicines by rubbing the government seals.
8. The government doctors should be monitored and their work should be accounted for their work timing and strict punishments should be given for those who fails to do their duty sincerely. more
1. All Hospitals should be mandated to display the costs associated with Inpatients and outpatients. Whether the patient is insured or not the hospital must not be able to charge excess amount just because patient is covered by insurance
2. Fixed pay scale to doctors based on his specialization and experience
3. Every doctor should be allowed to only choose between clinical practice or hospital practice. He shouldn't be allowed to have both. In case Govt. feels this suggestion is not good then atleast doctor should declare his consultant practices and hospital practice in an affidavit.
4. Gifts from pharma companies should be stopped totally. MCI should be more active and conduct regular raids in clinics and hospitals to make sure this practice is stopped more