Bad Experience with a Moving Company

I recently employed Agarwal Packers and Movers to air-ship household goods from Kolkata , India to Alpharetta, GA, USA. They cashed my check twice, overcharged me, instead of full air shipping used partial air shipping. They owe me more than 1.2 lacs. I have been unable to get the money back - e-mailed, phoned, etc. .
Recently I wrote a provocative letter to the CEO of the company to get some kind of response. [ See letter attached] . It is a dead silence from their side.
Do you have any suggestions what can be done? more  

View all 7 comments Below 7 comments
Thanks Ajay Shah. Hope there is resolution of legitimate grievances. Now I will try to reach Ms. Sushma Swaraj. I understand she is trying to do something good for the consumers/aggrieved parties. more  
I think the helpline is rolling out something via the circles. Hopefully thats more effective more  
Thanks Radhan. I have posted my experience in my Facebook Page for public posting. In Facebook site of the mover, I posted my bad review. They took it off when they found it after 1 day. I registered with Consumer help line of India Govt. [Jago Grahak Jago.] Then could not log in to post my grievances. The page does not work. IT WAS FUNNY. The land of IT geniuses has a govt site which does not work. It looks like all postures. all marketing, No substance, No tooth, No real remedy. Because it is less than INR 10 lacs, I will have to go to District level in Hyderabad and file it there with fees in proscribed manner. That is kind of complex to do from USA. Thanks again for taking the time to answer. more  
Hi Amit,
You can go to the consumer protection court and file a complaint.Theywill
have to respond. Also post this issue in FB.
Hope you get justice.


On 16 Sep 2016 2:30 p.m., "Amit Saha" <> wrote:

> more  
Thank you gentlemen for reading my post and parsing through the attachment. You are right Mr. Gupta. The double charge alone is INR 1.18 lacs. But if you consider the interest for 7 months , overcharge for 25 kgs @ INR 600 plus surcharge of 10 % , service tax of 4.35 % and insurance at 5%, the total is more than INR 1.4 lacs . Mr. Goel I thought of suing them as suggested. But I am in USA and it is a herculean task to sue somebody in India from here. Question of jurisdiction, filing fee by Indian bank challan, an Indian resident willing to act on my behalf [ by power of attorney] make it not a very palatable solution. Yesterday, I posted a bad criticism on their Facebook page Which is full of puffery and self-aggrandizing proclamations . Today I noticed they have taken down my comments from their site. There is no place to do a review for other people to see, like here in Google page if it is listed in the google page. Just no forum for discussion. Now I have got "local circle" and posting in my Facebook page for public showing. Thank you again. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Seeking help with the Indian Visa

      Dear External Affairs Minister Mrs. Swaraj We appeal to your good nature. I am an Indian-born US Citizen and almost all of my extended family is in India. I am married to a Ka...

      By Anurag Kabra
    • Dear Members, I am a NRI, until now did not opened any NRI bank account, all of my earning send to India to my father account for saving. Kindly advise how it will consider legally, the savings are...

      By Mohamed Jafar Ali Ismail Mian
    • Cousin with Cash

      My cousin in chicago is visiting india this week and he has 24500 in old cash, landing in chennai. Where should she be going to exchange the money?

      By Mukta Somani
    • Ambassadors in India and abroad

      I have a suggestion. Can local circles or ministry of external affairs please invite all ambasaddors of foreign countries or their offices and india's ambassadors in foreign countries to this circl...

      By Laxmi Jindal
    • OCI & old currency notes

      Just found out today that I am unable to change my old Rupee currency as a OCI card holder. Only NRI are allowed to do this and i thought I was same as a NRI. In future will have to think seri...

      By Mohinder Singh

      wrote the below appeal to RBI : From: <> Date: Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 7:20 PM Subject: NRI CLARIFICATION Pleas...

      By Mayur Vora

      We are coming to Mumbai on 1st Feb to go to RBI to deposit Old Notes. SEEK CLARIFICATIONS My parents were from India. I was born in India but brought to Singapore when I was 3 month...

      By Mayur Vora

      I am a Singapore citizen. I am holding an OCI (converted from PIO by law). According to my bank I am a NRI. So I need confirmation that I can deposit my old notes to RBI, as under NRI rules. C...

      By Mayur Vora
    • Rs25,000 only

      Rs25,000 allowed by NRI to bring into India is just too little. It should be at least 1lakh. This is the amount usually in hand. Why, becuase 1lakh in India for NrIs fly off our wallet like a bulle...

      By Mayur Vora
    • NRIs and demonetisation - bikram vohra

      I think this is articulated much better by Bikram Vohra ji then I could have. Of all the absurd rules and regulations that have come out of this demonetisation exercise, the one on Mond...

      By Asha Rathi
    • NRIS in fix

      There are some new rules now where NRIs before they can deposit their money need clearance from custome officials at airport. This is ridculous. If someone has 60000 of gifts money in a ...

      By Asha Rathi
Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)