ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES BEER , WINE , SPIRITS:
Purposeful production of alcoholic drinks is common and often reflects cultural and religious peculiarities as much as geographical and sociological conditions.
Spirits derived from Ethyl Alcohol have been used as a Recreational beverage to relax from time immemorial.
Alcoholic beverages were used for pleasure, nutrition, medicine, ritual, remuneration and funerary purposes.
The sacred books have reference to use of Alcohol ;
Sura, a beverage brewed from rice meal, wheat, sugar cane, grapes, and other fruits, was popular among the Kshatriya warriors and the peasant to population.
The medicinal use of alcohol was mentioned in Sumerian and Egyptian texts dating from about 2100 BC.
The Hebrew Bible recommends giving alcoholic drinks to those who are dying or depressed, so that they can forget their misery (Proverbs 31:6-7).
Also was considered a gift of God and created to be used in moderation for pleasure, enjoyment and health; drunkenness was viewed as a sin (see Christianity and alcohol).
In the 16th Century that the shift started from medicinal use and purposeful use of Alcohol to ALCOHOLISM in Britain . When it is abused , resulting in problems in the Self ,Family & Society.
IT IS HEARTENING TO NOTE THAT THE RECREATIONAL DRINKERS AND TIPPLERS ARE ALSO ROPED INTO THE CONSUMER AND FOOD SAFETY NETWORK , AS WE HAVE BEEN SEEING RESOURCE AND RESPONSE POSTS.
ULTIMATELY THEY ARE ALSO CONSUMERS WHO CONSUME TAX PAID MERCHANDIZE .
SO AUTHORITIES SHOULD BE VIGILANT ,
* over, collecting more than M.R.P.,
* cheating on quantity .
- "ALCOHOL IS INJURIOUS TO NATION,
HOME & LIFE " more
It also leads to more depression in life once the habit is formed because the person can't seem to survive without drinking it.
In a country like India where most of the population is living hand to mouth life, consuming alcohol and that also at exorbitant rates is surely going to cause social, family and health issues.
If rich people consume it then the poor people think about it as a luxury item and then they crave to have it. Businessmen and bootleggers take advantage of this situation and encash this situation by providing illegally produced alcohol at cheaper rates.
Already Movies have created a havoc and have poisoned the environment by showing alcohol consuming families at all social and happy gatherings, the result is that if today somebody organises an event / function it is not deemed to be successful until alcohol is served to all and sundry. It leads to overconsumption and unwanted ugly scenes are created at such events. Some are reported but most of these go unreported.
Alcohol does not do any good to the person who is consuming it but it everybody who are in the business of serving alcohol (manufacturers, regulatory agencies, traders, wine shops, bars etc.) are doing great in their life. You will be surprised to know that the people who serve alcohol do not drink it themselves excluding probably the regulatory agencies.
There is saying that "IN THE BEGINNING YOU DRINK ALCOHOL AND THEN THE ALCHOL DRINKS YOU". more
2. Ethyl alcohol is an intoxicating agent. It first intoxicates, then destroys the liver leading slow death.
3.Isopropyl alcohol is known as rubbing spirit and is used only for external purposes more
* M.R.P compliance ,
* Safety for human consumption [that is toxic adultrans prevented from added on] There is a slight difference in the chemical structure between Ethyl and Methyl alcohol, methyl is cheaper and Toxic and dangerous. Could kill in large doses and in small doses can cause blindness in the long run. In addition to spike[to give more intoxication] the effect certain chemicals are added . A close watch should be guaranteed on quality to ensure immediate death or long term ill effects don't occur .
* It is added as an additive , preservative , in medicines now , which has come down from the practice from ancient time. The restriction of the intoxicating % age content of Alcohol.
These are a few I think are important matters to be considered before it goes to the Consumer.
STAY AWAY FROM ALCOHOL ,BUT IF MADE AVAILABLE CONSIDER OFFERING A SAFE COMMODITY FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION AND SOLD AT RIGHT PRICES. - Jai Hind. more