One can find several complaints/feedback/adverse comments about unethical business practices of M/s. Flipkart in social media like Twitter, Facebook etc. Three cases were picked up for study and one thing has been commonly found in all the three cases is that Flipkart is illegally attempting to collect money from the consumers and utilise their funds for illegal gains.
Out of the three examples, the case No. 1 has been closely monitored and the blogger has been continuously assisting the consumer to get a satisfactory Redressal to his grievance. Hence, the blogger is well aware of deficiencies in services of Flipkart and HDFC Bank and how the consumer felt woes of such unprofessional approach and shockingly during corona pandemic.
Similarly the case No. 2, the consumer was being supported by blogger through tweeter.
In the case No. 3, the consumer could not get Redressal despite his best follow up and was compelled to send a legal notice to Flipkart.
In all the three cases as above, the common illegality has been observed as keeping consumers hard earned money for indefinite period that too when whole of the world including India have been facing economic slowdown and number of jobs shunted resulted into huge unemployment during Corona Pandemic. On the one hand the Government was emphasizing liberal views for the citizens and on the other hand such companies like Flipkart has been doing illegal activities like playing with consumer finances. The consumers were so tired with Flipkart that even a hashtag was spread with #UninstallFlipkart and #ShamelessFlipkart on social media like Tweeter. The company Flipkart seems to have played an irresponsible business house during Corona Pandemic.
The unethical business practices included:
1. Retaining consumers money for months together
2. Non-supplying of products for months
3. Advising consumer to cancel the order and place a new order at higher prices
4. Even cancelling the order placed at higher prices
5. Taking longer time in refunding the payments. It takes on an average of three to four months from the date of order.
6. Despite knowing the statement date for credit card, the refund is credited after the statement is generated thus keeping money with the credit card issuers suggesting hand in glove arrangement to misappropriate consumers money.