Why Kejriwal Resigned
These 18 points were:
1. The VIP culture should be stopped in Delhi. No MLA, minister or Delhi official will use a red beacon on their cars. Neither will they live in big bungalows nor take any special security.
2. Passing of the Janlokpal Bill, the same version for which Anna Hazare held fasts.
3. People will take decision directly in 'mohalla sabhas', which will be held in every locality and colony.
4. The AAP demanded complete statehood status for Delhi. Central government's hold on DDA and Police should end.
5. The party also demanded a special audit of all electricity companies in the national capital from the time these were privatised. The companies that refuse to participate, their licenses should be cancelled.
6. Electricity meters should be checked.
7. There is 220 litres of water available for every person daily. Where is it?.
8. AAP wants unauthorised colonies should be regularised. Thirty percent of Delhi's population lives in such colonies and these should be regularised.
9. The party demnded to know if the Congress and the BJP will support its decision to give clean and affordable 'pakka houses' (built up houses) to those living in slums.
10. It also sought their support to give regular jobs to those working on contractual basis.
11. It wants to give infrastructural facilities like roads, electricity, water and basic facilities to the ordinary trader.
12. AAP said it is against FDI in retail.
13. The party wants to provide facilities and subsidies to farmers in the villages in the national capital.
14. The party also demanded to know the Congress and BJP's stand on opening 500 government schools, stopping donations in private schools and making the fee system transparent.
15. The party said it wanted to open new government hospitals with better facilities.
16. It also wants to have special security units for women and wants all harassment cases to be tackled within three months.
17. It wanted to set up enough courts and appoint judges so that all cases are dealt with within six months.
18. The AAP wanted to know whether the municipal corporations of Delhi will support them on these issues.
Since the party was not getting support from the Congress or the BJP, there was no point continuing to run the minority Government.
From above, it is clear that AK did not run away from responsibility. In fact AAP did not have numbers and opposition parties had their own political compulsions for their own survival.
I hope Indian voters will give a fitting answer and support AAP in their initiative. more
if CTC is 20 lac
Conttibution to provident fund is tax free - I expect it around 200k per annuam
HRA - relief - if you are staying in rented accomidation
Conveyance allowance - exempt - INR 800 per month
Children allowance - INR 200 per month
I have observed that 10-20% income is exmept from tax . Assumingly 10% is exempt +100000 - saving on account of investment . Effective taxable income from 20 lakh ctc is around 17 lakh
Now see tax calculation
upto two lakh - nil
2 lakh to 5 lakh 10% 30,000
5- 10 lakh 20% 100,000
10-17 lakh 30 % 210,000
Tota income tax payabe 3,40000
Surcharge 3% 10,200
Total tax 350200
effective rate of income tax on 20 lkh is 17.5 %
Now come to indirect tax - there are few items on which VAT is zero to 5%
Higher vat is applicable on white goods or luxurious items. If you go AC restaurant then vat + service tax + service charge is around 25% . i more
So we get 80 % of total income after income tax . Indian saving is around 30% therefore 50% of total income is spent on day to day expenses. effective indirect tax is around 10% . Therefore if we are spending 50 % on daily requirement we are paying 5% of income.
Therefore effective tax - direct or indirect for average Indian should be 25% at the max.
One small example
Suppose income is 10000
Income tax 20% 2000
tax on expenditure 10% 500
Total tax - Income tax + expenditure tax ( VAT/ Service tax etc) 2500 which is equivalent to 25% of total Income. more
has suffered biggest setback in popularity due to the untimely resignation
of Mr Kejriwal. . . Me too wasnt very happy about it and unable to find
logic in it . . however I know that such decision may have been taken due
to either circumstances or tactics . . . whatever I am voting for AAP as I
am still believing in it and I know that if I can expect anything from any
party then it is AAP only. so vote for AAP more
I understand we have a PERSONAL choice to TRUST . You can say that so many people ( unverified of course !) is a PROOF of it. I will say , that people only taking MEDIA space without PROOFS is a PAID NEWS PHENOMENON.
In a given situation of choosing MODI, with yedurrappa, and Congress with Kalmadi , AAP is the best India can get except NOTA that is why i said, I give credit to Arvind and AAP to keep themselves HUMBLE and OPEN to consider CREDIBLE PROOFS to the CONTRARY. We already have lot of examples , including in Delhi LS candidate.
I am thankful that AAP is keeping itself HUMBLE ENOUGH to ASK FEEDBACK, this it the KEY DIFFERENCE I promote while choosing AAP over BJP and CONGRESS. more