To reduce the pollution levels and manage traffic
1. Footpaths and exclusive cycle lanes should be made on all roads to encourage people to walk and cycle. Many of us want to do so but are not able to do so in the absence of proper footpaths and cycling lanes.
2. Public transport system should be effective and efficient. Many of us want to use public transport but due to poor connectivity and long waiting time avoid it. There should be a metro train every minute. Most of the buses are plying on long routes. Instead, buses should ply on outer and inner ring road clockwise and anticlockwise every five minutes. Similarly buses should ply on east-west, north-south, northwest-southeast and northeast-southwest main road routes to and fro every five minutes. On all other roads mini buses should be plied for short distances connecting those roads with ring road or other main road every five minutes.
3. Unauthorised parking should be strictly dealt with. A traffic police crane helpline number should be started and publicised where anyone can complain about a wrongly parked vehicle and the crane should come within 15 minutes and tow away that vehicle after verifying that it is wrongly parked.
4. Only a limited number of new cars should be allowed to be registered every month. Priority should be given to customers not owning any car already on first come first serve basis.
5. All diesel vehicles should be phased out and new diesel vehicles should be banned in a phased manner over next 5 years. more