Sprained ankle - what to do

My son twisted his ankle while playing. It's swelled a little bit but doesn't seem like a fracture because he is able to move it without too much pain. Do I need to take him to see a doctor or just put iodex and ice/heat packs and wait for it to recover? Is there anything else we can do at home to make it better faster? more  

View all 7 comments Below 7 comments
Thanks Mr. Dey more  
Thank you all. You guys are awesome. I am in Gurgaon. Anyone there? more  
you should get an x-ray before concluding that its just a sprain more  
Dear Mr Dey , You need to definately get an X-ray to rule out any breakages , sometimes some hairline fractures do get missed out cause the symptoms are misleading . Ice compression should be your first choice of formentation and not heat . Tying it with a crepbandage can also help . Once the swelling subsides , make sure to consult a Physiotherapist if he requires some sessions of Ultrasonic therapy and strengthing with theraband to avoid same injury in he future . Regards Bhumika Jain Realign Physiotherapy . Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel more  
Thanks Dr. Singh for your help and support. We highly appreciate such helpful offer, making circle a true family. Regards. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Pain in knee when climibing stairs

      If anyone has fixed this withiut taking allopathic medicines please share your secret sauce or what worked. Diet, exercise, massage etc.

      By Ragini Sen
    • Lower Leg Swelling too much...!

      Hi my sister lower leg too much swelling...we made treatment ...but still not cured after taking treatment but she eating like anything ...no idea why..can suggest what problem..!

      By Keerthi KR
    • Knee transplant for 85 yrs old

      My father aged 85 yrs retired rly. employee. He is suffering from acute osteo arthritis. In 2012 he had surgery of prostate but it fails after 4 years. He relapsed again but due to this, the pain ...

      By Gaurav Mittal
    • Rheumatologist for knee pain

      One of my doctor friends told me to consult a Rheumatologist for knee pain . Therefore I request members to help me by suggesting a efficient Rheumatologist in Delhi NCR. Thanks

    • Knee Replacement

      Got my wife's knee checked up in Primus hospital. Dr Surya Bhan has advised for total knee replacement. Total expenditure for this is approx. Rs 240000.00 for 2 beded room plus Rs70000.00. Expendit...

      By Narindar Sharma
    • Suggestion for Doctor

      Please suggest good Allopathic/ Homoeopathic Doctor for knee pain .

    • Artificial knee replacement

      Any members who have gotten a knee replacement please suggest what brands are good and working for them. Very concerned after the j&j hip replacement issues have been reported. Also ...

      By Ragini Sen
    • Cure for sciatic pain

      Can anyone please suggest Ayurvedic, Homeo or any other medicine for relieving the pain caused due to sciatica?

    • Therapeutic massage

      Pl ,if anyone knows of a person doing therapeutic massage , kindly share the contact address. Thanks

      By Alka Jain
    • don't sit on your wallet men

      Here's an ergonomic tip to immediately improve your posture and alleviate nagging back pain. We are taught from an early age that wallets go in your back pocket. That's a bad, bad thing....

      By Anamika Mehra
    • I have a serious problem. My knee buckles when i walk can anyone suggest me some good exercise to make my knee strong.

      By Gurmeet Malhotra
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)