Review of 1st 9 mnths of 'Achhe Din'
02. Launching 'Jan Dhan Yojna'. Bank Account for all Women.
03. Free Accident Cover upto Rs.1.00 Lakh for each of the Woman account holder.
04. Over draft facility of Rs.5,000.00 for each Woman Account Holder.
05. Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojna.
06. Sukanya Samridhi Account for all girl childs below 10yrs. Details available on web.
07. SIT for Black Money Holders with Overseas Black Money account. 1st report to be submitted on 31st March. And an estimated 10,000 Crores to be recovered by way of Tax from the 1st list as per 1st report on March 31st.
08. 'Make In India' Campaign, launched Nationally & Internationally.
09. Launching of BRICS as an alternate to G8.
10. Make in India hard sell at Global Energy Summit at Davos. India became center of attraction during this All Important Energy Summit.
11. Nuclear Deal with USA finalized.
12. Obama Chief Guest at Republic Day, becoming 1st US President to do so.
13. Chinese President breaking protocol to meet the 1st ever visiting Foreign Minister of any country on State Visit to China. This being Ms.Sushma Swaraj.
14. 1st Woman leader of Male Contingent at Republic Day.
15. 1st all women Contingent of all 3 Services at Republic Day.
16. 1st woman joint leader of Tank Contingent at Republic Day.
17. 1st woman to present Guard of Honor to visiting dignitary (Obama).
18. Every MP/MLA should adopt one village.
19. Government invited Corporates to participate in building of toilets across India.
20. TCS becomes 1st Corporate to invest 100 crores in building of Toilets.
21. Bharati Group too pledges 100 crores for construction of toilets.
22. Govt launches EBiz portal on 19th Feb, which is available 24x7, for ease and transparency of business. No need of meeting anyone in person and physical submission of forms, and removing any scope for any payoffs.
23. 0% Corruption achieved in corridors of power in Delhi.
24. All govt employees reporting to office at sharp 9.00am in Delhi.
25. All Ministers and their Chief Secretaries foreign trips curtailed, and only with approval of PMO.
26. 0% Corruption achieved in Defense Ministry Purchases so far, by effecting simplest of simplest and most efficient politician Manohar Parrikar as Defense Minister.
27. Exposing of leaks in Petroleum Ministry, the beneficiaries of these leaks being big Corporates.
28. Govt initiated 'Make in India' initiative in Defense Industry.
29. Govt unveils plan to turn the nation from Biggest Arms Importer to Biggest Arms Exporter.
30. As per IMF report released on Jan 20, 2015, India is poised in overtake China in growth for the 1st time in 2015 as well as 2016.
31. For the 1st time India received an open endorsement from USA for a permanent seat in UN Security Council. A position which wud endorse India as one of the most powerful country in the World, officially.
32. China getting ready to host PM Modi on a grand level by end May, which wud involve Chinese President taking PM Modi to his home town.
33. No single terrorist attack in these 9 mnths, as compared to 40 major attacks from 2004-12th May 2014, involving almost 1000 deaths. Which was almost 4 major attacks each year. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_India
34. For the 2014 Asian Games, India reduced the Contingent size by almost 40%, and still managed to achieve 8th position as per Gold Medal Tally, and 5th position in overall tally.
35. Government involved in a Political & Diplomatic coup in Sri Lanka, and succeeded in removing an Anti-India, and pro-China Wickremasinghe govt, and installing a Pro-India Srisena Govt.
36. Govt organizes Coal Block Auction which was previously allocated free to many Corporates.
37. PM Modi to inaugurate World Famous Hannover Trade Fair in Germany, which is the biggest Trade Fair in the World.
38. BJP becomes 1st Mainstream Political Party to get maximum Vote Share in J&K Assembly Election, as well as No.2 in seats. J&K being an openly seditious and secessionist state. The turnout being as high as 60%. Signalling a victory for Nationalism.
39. WPI (Wholesale Price Index) came down to zero in Nov 2014, the 1st time in 5 and half years.
A complete action packed 9 mnths. Which makes it almost 4 major policy announcements or initiatives each month. As compared to a complete Policy Paralysis for past 10yrs.
And, I find some of us still complaining??? Indians have proved themselves as a race of un-satisfied people. They deserve someone who comes and shaves them clean, rather, someone who sleeps just 5hrs to make their lives better. more
My friends, have some hope and as Mr. Surya has compiled the list of positive steps taken, do not be over critical but try to see that against all the odds - local + international and with the legacy they have got, some positive happenings are there. Allow the new government some time and have some patience.
Remember the series of scams and terrorist attacks the country has seen under the previous regime - scams to the tune of Lakhs of crores - nothing like this seems happening today - This is reason for hope.
Lastly I must thank Mr. Surya for having compiled this list - is indeed comprehensive. more