Punctuality and Comfort should be the key word of Indian Railways
People are treated like cattle with no communication regarding delay departures, delay arrivals to the reserved passenger..Food is horrible and toilets are so filthy that people are scared to eat to avoid going to toilets...Inida is a vast country with diverse people and diverse classes...Railways should come up with plans which will cater needs of different classes..... more
Please add Security to comfort at least to those with reservations and Edible food and Clean Water. more
I do not agree with most of what is said. The points to be noted are
1. Railways information is now available on the net The ticket booking has to be further improved. Tatkal tickets are sold by a syndicate of touts, police and booking staff of the railways (At least in Kolkata)
2. The unreserved compartments needs to be redesigned.
3. Safety has to be redesigned.
4. Train speed has to be increased, this will help in more training plying on the same tracts.
5. Food and cleaning are presently privatized. So making them accountable with penalties can be achieved easily. A feedback system has to be in place.
6. Revenues from advertisement should be decentralized.
Jai Hind more
Toilets are mostly so horrible in general compartments and also in sleeper classes. However, Railways are not to be blamed wholly. Most passengers lack civic sense . It is heartening that our PM calls for Suddh Ganga and Suddh Bharat by 2020 as our homage to the Father of our Nation on his 150th Birthday. more
will be it possible for cater service for different classes which creates discrimination among people ?????? more
Indian Railway is one of the most inefficient govt. organization. Operating at a barely 30% efficiency given the vast resources and assets it has. Some of the efforts of Sh Lalu Pradad Yadav to improve performance of IR were sabotaged by mandarins of IRS under blessings of Mamatadidi ! Professional organization like IRCTC is not allowed to take up higher responsibilities.
In this era of ICT, IR is blissfully ignorant of advances the world has made, shamelessly serving only the General Managers of different railway zones as if they are the princes of the erstwhile British Raj.
Tinkering here and there will not change it.
A major overhaul in the people & processes is the call of the day for Indian Railways ! more