Property disputs and curruption

I have my inherited property of 20 cents. Although it is on our possession, we did not pay tax for long time. Now, when approached for tax, they ask for parent document, which is actually a decree from District Court about 70 years back. Three of my uncles sold their shares before 20 years and so, they have the document as per the sale deed they have done. But we have not sold our property till date and so, our name is not in the patta. To issue a computer patta, we need to pay tax. To pay tax, the village officer demanding Original Document. We are in delima what to do. How to make this land legally ours. Because, by bribing, it can be done, but we don't want to bribe. My Father's and one uncle's names are not in the computer patta (since, we have not sold the property to anyone). Kindly advise me how to pay the tax without the parent document. We have only one decree copy which says B-Schedule property belongs to our family (Grand-parents). We applied to pay tax on behalf of my father who is no more now. But it was a mistake by asking so, the officer denied to pay the tax on behalf of my father. Without father's name, son's name will not be on tax receipt.

We are in confusion of to whom to approach for this complicated issue.

Expecting advises from experts. more  

View all 20 comments Below 20 comments
Inter-chat, the user friendly community If you think this email is a spam, please click here [] [] vasu.sign 53 years [] Your friend vasu.sign sends you this invitation 😀 Accept this invitation to see his photos and chat on webcam with him! See your friend [] Click here to go to Inter-chat [] To no longer receive this kind of email, click here [] You receive this email because your friend vasu.sign (vasu.sign on Inter-chat) has asked us to invite you. If you don't want to join him, you can just ignore this email :-) If you don't want to receive an email if another of your friend wants to invite you, click here. [] Inter-chat is edited by bacto-net company 21 avenue le Corbusier - 59042 Lille (France)[][] more  
Mr. Thankaraj P: I am replying to your message sent to me separately and your detailed note below. Revenue authority are required to maintain land records and give a certified copy if requested. They cannot say the record is damaged - if so, they have undo the effect of damage. You have the number so you can get a copy. Other issue is about your father dying intestate and is such case all legal heirs are entitled to get a share. If all agree, you can get this probate in your favour. Case is very old & revenue officials are known to be highly corrupt. You will have to engage an honest advocate who can unravel the complex puzzle in your favour. more  
Thank you so much for all your advises. I will inform my brother who is in India now regarding this and I will be in India by June 4th only. Feeling much happy as there are many options I can move with. I have the legal opinion for the land, for with the advocate asked me 15000, but I compromised with 5000 for just his two page statement with the seal. I went through my classmate, hence he reduced to 5000 else it would be 15000. Hence, I will take a legal step by filing an application in the court would give the proper direction. It is really a strange situation in India to approach the court for one's own property. I never expected that I would approach the court for the same. But the result would be the final and peaceful there after. Thanks a lot for giving me the suggestions. Happy to be in this Circle :) more  
I think approaching to Court will solve your issue legally.. more  
This is the problem of our system. Just think if an illiterate and poor person faces such problem what would he or she do? more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Govts position on black marketing of world cup tickets

      14 oct Ahmedabad, IND v PAK VIP box tickets .. Black market price 1.5 Lakhs !!! Is the Govt permitting these black marketers or they are ok to operate. Where to complain?

      By Dinesh Shah
    • Doctors that own pharmacy and lab

      NMC says Doctors cannot receive cuts and commissions from labs and chemists. Howevwr I have noticed that in many cases these are opened by Doctora directly or at an arms length operated by a relati...

      By Sudesh Rai
    • Over 2 lakhs crores written off by ba ks

      Rs.2,09,144 lakh crore loans written off by banks in just 1 year. Over 2 lakh crore. Let that sink in But that's not all Remember how the previous govt used to be c...

      By Ruchika L Maheshwari
    • 20000 per hectare was the bribe rate for re-survey of land

      Gujarat ACB traps District Inspect of Land Record. I suggest district inspector of land records across India must be investigated in a special drive and 90% plus would be corrupt. Also this way the...

      By Dinesh Shah
    • Corruption through kin

      So Logix group transferred 261 flats to Mayawati’s brother and his wife at a 45% discount. It was likely bribe to be paid to madamji for doing something illegal be it allotting pub...

      By Rajani Thakur
    • Request A gazette that puts notification on discontinuation of any car on public domain

      Dear Jeep India, You had plans to discontinue the Jeep Compass Petrol models as on May 2023, and in March 2023 you aggressively sale pitched me by sending your Sales Executive to my hous...

      By Tarit MOHAN
    • Karnataka corruption brought the Govt down

      Corruption was the biggest issue in Karnataka. And the top leadership did nothing to stop it. 40% proved costly. This should be a lesson for 2024. No amount of roadshows can win elections if the tr...

      By SN Mittal
    • Political Funding Tax Evasion modus operandi

      Heard of a tax evasion scheme. Person donates, say, ₹10L to a political party. Gets ~35% IT benefit (for taxable income >50L). The political party returns back ₹9L. Political party converts it's...

      By Rajesh Suri
    • PM/ CM Helplines

      The PM Helpline was very effective when it was launched and it is supporting citizens to a great extent. It has however been observed that for the states that have a CM Helpline, the grievance of P...

      By Pranaya Rawat
    • Adding 5 Adani companies to Nifty indices

      An NSE subsidiary is set to include 5 Adani group firms in 14 Nifty indices. Experts are worried as it would drive lakhs of investors’ savings into the group’s sinking stocks from March...

      By Karuna Dhingra
    • LIC investment in Adani in REF

      ‘LIC investments in AdaniGroup has now turned Negative Initial investment: ₹ 30,127 Cr December: ₹ 62,550 Cr January: ₹ 56,142 Cr Now: ₹ 29,721 Cr

      By Yash Jindal
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)