PRE - ELECTION PREDICTIONS AND POST ELECTION EXIT POLES
1. We have been witness to the recently concluded elections which hold the world records of sorts; be it number of voters,amount spent by candidates and their respective parties , duration of elections and last but not the least the role of electronic media during pre & post elections phases .
2. Some basic issues which merit attention, are:-
(a) Is media supposed to be neutral and free to bring an issue to public domain ? If yes, what are those issues ?
(b) Who is controlling and auditing the contents being covered by media ?
(c) Is media accountable and questionable to some one or it is it's the master of own kingdom with limitless self vested powers?
(d) Media expects transparency from Government and Political rulers ; is it applicable to media too ?
(e) Is media not being given such tools which are capable of applying "Blackmailing" kind of an attitude ?
(f) Why media is not covered under RTI ?
(g) Is media a "Journalism" or " Big Business/Corporate House "?
(h) What are the rules and regulations applicable,if any, to media which a common man is expected to know ?
(i) Is media a public resource like any other national property or it is fully private with "Veto Powers" over the Government ?
(j) Is media permitted to air private views of individuals to influence people's minds ?
(k) Is there any " code of conduct " applicable to media ?
(l) Can media be kept under suspension for its wrong doing like any other criminal who is kept behind the bars till finalization of case?
3. May I request the experts in this field to educate readers who are not fully unaware of some basic media related issues. It is better to fight against any corruption once you have the statutory and other facts right and well supported. This makes the fight more convincing and conclusive.
4. Issues mentioned above pertain to " Electronic Media" and not the " Print Media".
best wishes ,
Brig Pradeep Yadu more
hands of one or two political parties or some times arm twisting against
the same ones unless paid handsomely. ZEE news has openly proved this -
only to be monetarily adorned as of now after comprehensive triumph by BJP.
However, the majority's decision interprets the class and tolerance of
people towards corruption and negativism. This is democracy. Political
affairs can not be reformed at some good men's will; nevertheless a good
Samaritan must not feel disappointed after he has done those virtues.
Hypotheses to theory and ultimately to law -- euphemism for bringing about
a perfection takes longer sometims after many generations.
On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 7:09 PM, Brigadier Pradeep Yadu <
want to add till SWARAJ comes you can not have an electrinic media of
On 5/15/14, Brigadier Pradeep Yadu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
High regards for you more
1. I am currently out of country and will be back by end of June/July this year.
2. You may like to take my mail Id if this will be of any use to you :--
Brig Pradeep Yadu more