Petty Corruption - Addl Inputs
Below are some of the key daily life corruption areas identified by you where the common citizen engages in bribery. If you have additional areas, please share your inputs!
Transparency International India
Petty corruption in daily life
1. We pay the agent at the RTO to get our work done faster
2. Bribing the clerk at the Government offices to get your files moving
3. Paying bribes at the registrar’s office
4. Unreserved passengers occupy vacant seats in reserved compartments and then bribe the TTE
5. We give money to the electricity department employees when they come to repair the lines
6. Water line men are paid to maintain constant supply in the colony/society
7. Gas cylinder delivery boy charges some money over the actual amount
8. MTNL/BSNL technicians would not respond to your call the next time, if you don’t give them some money
9. The police verification is not complete without a small bribe
10. We bribe the traffic policeman to let go
11. The postman wants a bribe when he delivers your passport. more
So we are a people who do not mind employing our advantages including our purses to usurp what is rightfully others'. Don't we do it even with God?
This situation is the ideal environment for small and medium corruption to thrive.
In order to overcome this difficulty the nation has to encourage honesty and righteousness in a big way! We need to make it advantageous, more profitable to be a good citizen. Instead of punishing bribe givers give them an incentive for exposing bribery. After all they are the best witnesses in such crimes.
Let us make it worth while for individuals to fight corruption. Let us change the law so that it will even become remunerative to pursue it as an occupation.
Mind you, we will have the leaders of a large group of people - the political class and the public 'servants' - opposing such movements. But in our democracy the people's will ultimately wins. I has always won. Only thing is that we must know what is RIGHT.
Transparency Intl India <email@example.com> wrote:
>---REPLYABOVETHISLINETOPOSTACOMMENT-Findthisemailinappropriate-UnsubscribeLocalCirclesisnowavailableoniOSandAndroid.TransparencyIntlIndiaTransparencyIntlIndiapostedamessagein"StandAgainstCorruption".Subject:PettyCorruption-AddlInputs.All:Belowaresomeofthekeydailylifecorruptionareasidentifiedbyyouwherethecommoncitizenengagesinbribery.Ifyouhaveadditionalareas,pleaseshareyourinputs!TransparencyInternationalIndiaPettycorruptionindailylife1.WepaytheagentattheRTOtogetourworkdonefaster2.BribingtheclerkattheGovernmentofficestogetyourfilesmoving3.Payingbribesattheregistrarâsoffice4.UnreservedpassengersoccupyvacantseatsinreservedcompartmentsandthenbribetheTTE5.Wegivemoneytotheelectricitydepartmentemployeeswhentheycomemore...ReplyReplytothisemailtopostacomment.Postedto:IfyoubelievethatthispostisinappropriateforthisCircle,Â reportit.Thisemailwassenttockpnair@email.com.Ifyoudon'twanttoreceiveemailsfromLocalCirclesinfuture,pleaseUnsubscribe.LocalCircles,Inc.,1556HalfordAve.,Suite290,SantaClara,CAUSA95051.107UrbtechMatrixTower,PlotNo.B-4,Sector-132,Noida,India,201304.PrivacyPolicy. more