Odd Even Formula
1. Illegal parking on roads in front of Govt. offices, schools, colleges, markets, Malls, Cinemas and all types of public buildings be strictly removed.
2. DTC buses must obey traffic rules - illegal stoppages in the middle of the roads, taking and dropping the passengers at unauthorised locations on the roads, fast speeds, wrong lane changing, driving in the wrong lanes etc.
3. Schools not to allow children to board and alight outside the school premises on the roads. This is very common all over the city, which dangers the children safety as well as create traffic congestion.
4. DTC bus stops have become markets for fruits and vegetables hindering buses to use the space, and attracting more cars to park on the road to make purchases, resulting in traffic congestion.
5. Roads including service roads are occupied by car dealers, and repair workshops, Fast Food outlets to park their as well their customers' vehicles on the roads, again creating traffic congestion.
6. Now we find even foot paths occupied by property dealers putting their display boards, chairs and tables. Such encroachment of public property for businesses must be stopped immediately.
Our MISSION should be RESTORATION OF ROW for Delhi vehicles.
The above measures are essentially to be implemented on the first hand. The result will be the same as achieved by the Odd Even Formula without putting the citizens in any hardship due to Odd Even restrictions.
The main problem in the Odd Even formula is for small self employed persons of Delhi who have only one car per family, and have to move around all the day. This segment is not able to voice their concern in the matter due to lesser approach . The Govt. must consider their requirements. Delhi's major economy is based on such self employed persons. We can achieve better results as to pollution control if we provide the vehicles their due RIGHT OF WAY (ROW). more