NSC Certificate Lost

Hello All - i found some hope with this circle(corrupt free). I have lost my NSC certificate and have the police station report of missing document. The post office is saying we dont have any NSC in your name and it is not showing in our records. I also have bank statement showing deduction of amount in name of india post. The person at post office is saing we don't have any record. What should I do as one person suggested me to give him bribe to get the number located from post office. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you ! more  

View all 10 comments Below 10 comments
When Duplicate NSC is issued?

If the Certificate is lost, stolen, destroyed, mutilated or defaced, the rightful owner of such certificate may apply for the issue of a duplicate certificate in the specified form (NC29) to the post office where the certificate is registered or to any other post office which shall forward the request to the post office from where the certificate has been issued.

Things You Need

1. Filled Form – NC29 for the Issue of Duplicate Certificate
5. Statement showing the details of NSC- such as number, amount and the date of certificate and the circumstance attending such loss, theft, destruction, mutilation or defacement.
3. Bond of Indemnity – In case of mutilated or defaced certificates, no indemnity bond is required. But for lost, stolen, destroyed, you also need to submit bond of indemnity. You also need to furnish an indemnity bond in the prescribed form with one or more sureties or with a bank guarantee is required.
A- Bond of Idemnity [Form NC-54(a)]
This form is used for issuance of a duplicate National Savings certificate(s) in lieu of lost, misplaced, spoiled or mutilated certificates.
B- Bond of Idemnity [Form NC-54(b)]
This bond of indemnity is to be executed for the issue of a duplicate certificate(s) in lieu of lost, misplaced, spoiled or mutilated certificates with a Bank guarantee.
C- Bond of Indemnity [Form NC-61]
This bond of indemnity is to be executed at the time of discharge of original certificates or Issue of duplicate certificate(s) in lieu of lost, misplaced, spoilt, destroyed, defaced or mutilated certificate (s), where original application for purchase is missing.
4. Copy of FIR - If the Certificate is lost, stolen, destroyed.
5. Identification Document of Surety – e.g. Valid Indian Passport, Indian Driving License, Salary Certificate of the Surety.
6. Payment Receipt of Fees for Issue of Duplicate Certificates (Fee Rs.5)

If the officer-in-charge of the post office of registration is satisfied of the loss, theft, destruction, mutilation or defacement of the certificate, he shall issue a duplicate certificate on the applicant.

Things you Take Care

A duplicate NSC certificate shall be treated as equivalent to the original certificate for all the purposes of these rules except that it shall not be encashable at a post office other than the post office at which such certificate is registered without previous verification. more  
If nothing happens after writing letter to post master, file an RTI application. more  
I have never purchased NSC in my life and hence can not offer any advice. But regarding my other documents, I always maintain a xerox copy of the same and also scan copy in my laptop as well as in pen drive. Since you have none with what reference you will fight and convince postal authorities that your claim is authentic. Xerox copies would have been good evidence to trace them or request for duplicate on chargeable terms. GOD bless you and wish you all the bests. more  
Make an application under RTI giving details of the payment made and the name of agent through whom you invested more  
(1) You should have NSE Reg No,Date of Issue and Certificate No with denomination.
(2) If you do not have above details then get xerox copy of your cheque from front side and back side from your bankers
(3)Also get certificate from your bankers for debit done in your bank A/c for cheque also.
(4)Approach with the post office for issue of duplicate certificate for certificate issued by respective post office to which you had submitted form for this certificate.
(5)If you had purchased certificate from some agent then you can approach them to get duplicate issued for same.
(6) You may need to get some guaranter for issue of duplicate certificate also if value is very high.
(7)You can also approach DAK ADALAT which is conducted by respective GPO of your PO from area where you bought certificates every few months ti settle grievances.
In future please take first xerox of NSC certificate or any other documents which may be very useful in difficult situation. more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Bribery hitting peak during COVID-18

      Bribes are back friends and organisations like Transparency International are not doing much. Bribes being taken openly from migrants who already have tokens for train and bus travel. P...

      By Ajay Kumar
    • Why Govt bodies need intermediaries?

      Wondfo, a Chinese company accused of supplying 'faulty' rapid testing kits to ICMR, manufactures it for $3 (Rs 225) a unit. Somehow, instead of procuring them directly from Wondfo, ICMR has engaged...

      By Vinita Agrawal
    • Alerting Administrators

      When demand is more than supply corruption creeps in. Talking to 4 vendors in past 2 days, I get a strong sense that fruit veggie vendors are paying bribes to police and have built that in the pric...

      By Sudesh Rai
    • Yes Bank - Corporate Kickbacks

      Kickbacks, the ugly lesser reported truth of white collar crime in Indian wholesale banking. If anything all of this makes more sense when I recall a conversation with someone who was puzzled why R...

      By Amit Mishra
    • Truck bribes

      Gujarat is the cleanest state with minimum bribes. MP border charges Rs1500/- per truck for entry and likewise for exit. Its daylight robbery. Multiple complaints have fallen on deaf ears. Its like...

      By Amit Gupta
    • 48000 crores paid in bribe by truck drivers

      All these corrupt transport departments Are Still making money if we believe this survey. This is ridiculous. Will the CM of BJP states like Haryana UP Gujarat Karnataka answer???

      By Rohit Jain
    • Good Budget announcement on Citizen Charter for Tax payers

      This was a good move announced by FM. Can we please share our inputs via this circle as the subject has been extensively discussed. The feedback for what should be in charter of citizens should com...

      By Reeta Kumar
    • Shared this from Transforming India

      Every member of the circle please vote on this poll. The Govt needs to know whether or not NRC will cause corruption problems.

      By Naina Mittal
    • corruption in bocw deptt.

      there is rampant corruption in every state to issue labour licenses as well as permit under bocw as well as migrant workers license.the fee is fixed per person;even though the procedure is to apply...

      By Suresh Dasarathy
    • Corruption under BOCW act is a must

      I am writing this on behalf of my husband who is in the EPC business. According to him corruption under BOCW act is a must. BOCW stands for benefits of construction worker and all busin...

      By Sandhya Agarwal
    • Reliance Finance lending to indirectly linked borrowers

      There is attached news today saying that Reliance Home Finance lent 12000 crores of money to a set of potentially indirectly linked borrowers? Who the hell is investigating this. How many more bad ...

      By Amit Mishra
Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)