My Cibil Issues

I've a My Cibil account and have noticed that most of the banks as well as financial institutions enter incorrect personal, contact and employment information when checking for the Cibil Score. I have tried to update my correct name, phone number, employment details, email id, etc., but, in vain. The My Cibil account raises a dispute and forwards it to the banks/agencies/companies for approval, but, they do not bother to update the correct data, and reject the dispute. There should be provision for customers to update their personal, contact and employment details without the need to raise a dispute. Most of the disputes are rejected. Can something be done about this as finally it is the customer, who has to bear the burden of a credit refusal from the banks as well as financial institutions if incorrect details are present on the My Cibil account and during Cibil check? more  

The organisation, CIBIL or My Cibil, is notoriously known for their bad service to its members and the bankers rely on them without an alternative verification with the bank a client is holdin an account. I think it needs to be taken up with the RBI as a regulator of banking services. It will be still better if the matter is taken up through the Ministry of Consumer Affairs as CIBIL is a service provider and do charge for the same. more  
The issue rightly pointed out by Mr.Suhail is of grave concern. At times the Cibil ratings are incorrect as a result the individual could not get the desired loan/advances for his genuine need. Besides there is no mechanism for rectification of errors. It is expected of TransUnion CIBIL Limited (Formerly: Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited) to present a error-free credit rating and if any individual found his details incorrect and needs rectification, there should be a provision for the same. Urgent attention is needed on this topic as many individuals could not proceed ahead in getting their financial requirements, just on account of incorrect Cibil. The credit rating score/name should also be changed since the Company name has been changed. more  
That is a valid point. There has to be mechanism which is not cumbersome like going to go to court. Maybe some kind of ombudsman. Is there any ombudsman for addressing such disputes? more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

    • Income Tax Refund

      Can someone update me on the Income Tax Refund status this year please. I filed my ITR in mid-Sept but have not got back any refund as yet.

      By Neeru Sood
    • Accounts Outsourcing Service

      Hello friends. Please suggest a competent CA firm for outsourcing all accounting and filing work related to IT and GST for a small company, preferably based in South Delhi or Gurgaon

      By PRADEEP T
    • Cash payment limits Rs. 10,000/-

      May I enquire from an expert among the group your guidance on two things, It is heard that cash payment limit is reduced to Rs. 10,000/- as against Rs. 20,000/- from April 01. Is is right.

      By Tsering Phuntsok
    • Post offices do not pay more than 20,000 in cash.

      I have a TDS in post office for 5 years. When I visited there to withdraw the interest the concern clerk told that there is no provision to give the interest in cash for more than 20,000/-. He was ...

      By Gaurav Mittal
    • i have a registered ngo and a pan card attached to it, but the brochure who did registration and all, entered the wrong spelling of name in pan card, it has been more than two years, now i wish to ...

      By Mani Dubey

      I submit the following proposal to Hon.Fin.Min. Please study and comment.

      By Kv Venkata Chalam
    • ICAI internal memo

      While ICAI members shouldnt indulge in illegal practices of converting black to white at the sam time they shouldnt behave like bhakts. Dont derail demonetisation but dont praise when the going is ...

      By Naina Mittal

      DEMONETIZATION ONLY TO BAILOUT PSBs, hiding the PSB babus' filth:- PIL In the scenario created in the mean time in the Nation of India, several evils have cropped up against h...

      By H Ahuja
    • Why most black money holders are doomed

      Real estate firms or jewellers may not accept cash unless it is at a good discount, for they will have to declare it to the banks and pay taxes. So there is no easy option to convert it via real es...

      By Mohit Jain
    • New steps after current situation.

      Exchange of Rs.500:Rs.1000 being given new Currency. Govt to take some immediate steps. 1. No cash transaction Rs.1,00,000/- above in all aspects. 2. PAN compulsory for Rs.1 lak & above transac...

      By Kv Venkata Chalam
    • A senior CA's opinion

      I am sharing this in view of prevalent panic created by certain media over imposition of penalty on unaccounted cash of high denominations that are deposited into bank, I give my professional opini...

      By Naina Mittal
Enter your email and mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

All My Circles
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)