Govt Legitimizing Gifts(bribe) with regulations
1. Gift from a friend apart from relatives and close personal friend.
2. Forget about marriages, there can be any number of occasions/functions for gifting.
3. Gift upto Rs25000/- by cash or kind ? not specified. How could any friend gift upto 25000/- without any favour?
4. Gifts - how times in a year and from how many persons.
5. Permission from a higher authority - oral or written?
6.Getting interest free loans upto Rs5.00 lacs from a friend apart from a relative or close personnel friend, for construction/ or buying a house. How many houses during the service?
Now the public will be taken for a ride, demanded with impunity from a friend(public?) who goes to govt department for some service. The Registrar Office, RTO, Taluk Office to name a few. Forget about the contractors.
The govt is already collecting Flag Day donation all through the year for any services from the public. But what accounting procedure is followed, is there an audit?
If this is not an opening for corruption then what else. There was a collector in Ahmednagar during early 1980s -Mr. Anil Kumar who would say since the govt is collecting Re0.25 as court fee from a person as applicant for any service in the taluk/collectorate he should given a proper service. Service motto. Now it is time, we should protest and express displeasure in this aspect. Otherwise just like a tax demand notice we may one day get demand notice for a gift also. more