Doing Business in Delhi - Inputs on Root Causes
We look forward to your inputs
Aam Aadmi Party
Doing business in Delhi - issues
1. Taxes are very high
2. The sales tax system has huge loops
3. Too many licenses and clearances required to start a new business
4. Obtaining a TIN number is a tough task
5. Bribes are needed to get pollution clearance certificate
6. Banks don’t give business loans easily without collaterals
7. There are no special business zones in Delhi to help businessmen with saving on expenses
8. Acquiring land for starting a business is very difficult as the real estate rates in Delhi are exorbitant
9. Police/MCD harass shopkeepers and business men by asking for bribes
10. The market associations have a lot of political influence due to which the business suffers (strikes, bandhs etc.) more
UP Bypoll: SP Wrests Seat From BJP
Maharajganj | May 03, 2015
In a boost to it in the run up to 2017 polls in Uttar Pradesh, ruling Samajwadi Party today wrested Pharenda Assembly seat from BJP in a bye-election.
SP candidate Vinod Tiwari defeated his nearest Congress rival by over 9,231 votes, relegating BJP -- which had won the seat in 2012-- to the third slot.
The bypoll was held on April 30 as the seat fell vacant after disqualification of BJP MLA Bajrang Bahadur Singh. He was found to have acquired a road construction contract from the Public Works Department on October 15, 2012, after he became an MLA.
Singh was disqualified by Governor Ram Naik from the day he acquired the contract.
The Supreme Court had also upheld the Governor's decision to disqualify Singh from the state Assembly for acquiring the contract from the state government while serving as a lawmaker.
The result has come as a boost to the SP which has pulled up its socks for the next Assembly elections and launched 'Mission 2017' to repeat its historic performance of last time.
The SP had stormed to power in 2012 garnering 224 of the 403 Assembly seats in the state.
Buoyed by the bypoll outcome, SP leader and senior minister Shivpal Yadav said the
result has exposed the real face of BJP. "People have realised that SP alone can deliver the goods and have supported us to the hilt," he told PTI.
"BJP is on downslide," he said, adding "the saffron party has failed to keep its promises and people have understood that it is 'jhooth ki sarkar' (government of lies)."
He cited the string of defeats suffered by BJP in a number of cantonment board elections and Assembly bye-elections in the recent past.
Shivpal said the SP has been rewarded by the voters in Pharenda for taking up cudgels against communal and capitalist forces.
Retired Manager-NTPC Ltd more
1. Taxes are very high : Taxes need to be halved.
2. The sales tax system has huge loops : which need to be plugged.
3. Too many licenses and clearances required to start a new business : No license should be required to do any business which is not hazardous.
4. Obtaining a TIN number is a tough task : Tin Numbers should be generated online so that corruption could be plugged.
5. Bribes are needed to get pollution clearance certificate : Pollution Clearance Certificate should be generated online at the risk of Manufacturer to "Make in India" a success.
6. Banks don’t give business loans easily without collateral: Bank loans should be available without collateral to the Manufacturers and Shop Keepers.
7. There are no special business zones in Delhi to help businessmen with saving on expenses : Special Business Zones may be created for big businessmen, but small businessmen should not be harassed in the name of trade licence, conversion charges and / or parking charges etc.
8. Acquiring land for starting a business is very difficult as the real estate rates in Delhi are exorbitant : Land should be made available on 30 years lease with stipulation in rise of lease charges @ 10 % per annum.
9. Police/MCD harass shopkeepers and businessmen by asking for bribes: No Policemen / MCD employee should be authorized to go to any businessmen / shopkeeper unless some hazardous business (as per list of Hazardous Businesses) is carried on there.
10. The market associations have a lot of political influence due to which the business suffers (strikes, bandhs etc.) : There must be yearly elections of every market associations like that of Bar Associations and No Person should be allowed to be elected twice to eradicate the political influence. more
AAP workers should take out peaceful procession & demand Gadkari's immediate resignation on this scam.
Also bill to favor real estate /builder mafia is in the process, several changes/removal clauses which were in favor of customers r being carried out.
Retired Manager -NTPC Ltd more