Corruption Issues at Tehsil/Taluk level - Inputs Sought
Once we understand this in depth, we will have seperate discussions on Root causes and Solutions with the objective of presenting our collective public opinion to the key stakeholders requesting actions on solutions.
We look forward to your inputs!
Transparency International India more
The poor pay bribes of over Rs 8,000 million to access public services.
2) Majority of Government Officials are corrupt and have black money.
3) Majority of businessmen evade tax and have black money.
4) Businessmen circulate black money in different ways. Their employees don't get full salary in cheque. If business man evades 50% of business and generate 50% black money, he will pay his employees salary 50% in cheque and 50% in cash. So employees can evade tax. So employees of businessmen have black money.
4) Most professionals i.e., Doctors, Engineering Consultants, Tax Consultants, Chartered Accountants, Advocates receive their fees only in cash and evade tax and generate black money.
5) Small time businessmen, footpath traders never pay any tax, so all their sale proceeds is black money.
6) Middlemen of our society hold black money.
7) Black money holders give lavishly to beggars. So even beggars of our society hold black money.
That it is why when you talk of demonetization or withdrawal of big denomination notes of Rs.1000, 500, 100 and say all transactions above Rs.1000 should be through banks, the suggestion goes to deaf years.
Same goes with corruption also. Politicians and Government Officials can receive bribes only if somebody gives bribe. So long as givers and receivers remain in society curbing corruption and bribery is out of question. more