Corruption in State Education
1. Appointments, transfers, promotions of every teacher in Govt.schools depends on the quantum of bribe given to the concerned Minister and his chamchas.
2. Printing of text books, exam. papers, etc. involve big scam. Books are never supplied on time in good quality. Every stage of its transaction - placing orders and distribution involve corrupt practices and bribe from Minister to Peon.
3. Aided-school mechanism is another money-spinning tool for the Minister and caucus who mint money through every permission/funds granted for this.
4. Crores of lack-money roll out to the Dept. and the Minister in connection with allotment of Engineering/Medical and other specialized Colleges/Universities.
5. A big portion of unauthorized donations collected from Engineering/Medical students by the respective collages goes to the pocket of the Minister and his Department cronies.
6. In the name of support to minority and backward communities, the Minister and his Secretarial staff run a parallel organization in Govt. to loot money from all available sources and there is also high religious bias in such dealings.
7. NoC and permission to private educational institution is a big racket involving bribe at every stage the concerned files move and there are lobbies working for the Minister to grab money through this source.
These are only few examples and there are many other areas like this where public money is lavishly utilized in Education Department to breed corruption. One single solution seems to be to shift the subject of education to Central List from State, atleast from 11th standard (Higher education). Of course, there also proper checks, balances, control and accountability has to be built. more