Corruption in RWAs- Inputs Needed on Solutions
Corruption in RWAs - Key Issues
1. Many Builders insist that they will handle the RWA themselves to ensure they don't have consumer issues later for bad construction quality/malpractices
2. Accounts of many RWAs are not managed transparently
3. Most RWAs don’t have a process to award contracts
4. Many RWA Estate Managers, Supervisors and even a few executive members accept kickbacks from the selected vendors
5. The funds allocated to RWAs are used for personal gains
6. Many RWA Estate Manager, Supervisors accept commission for small vendors like milkman, newspaper man etc. to allow them to operate in the area
7. RWA Executive members do not want residents connected in a circle/group as that brings transparency
8. Politicians bribe some of the RWAs to work as their vote agents
9. Some RWA executives make the environment so political that residents who are professionals walk away from RWA management. more
be outsourced, if it a big compound to bring professionalism. The quotes by a transparent system should be called to outsource. The audit of RWA should be governed by a different law, which looks more into system and procedures to call quotes, making sure that hiring of people has a process and people do exist,if RWA is paying for them and full proprietary kind of audit should be conducted. This is quite a detailed subject to be covered in a note but honesty and accountability has to be there. more
1. Awarding contract to family member.
2. Not giving chance to young minds (not accept their proposal).
3. Most of the time they are biased by builders.
4. commission while appointing executive like guards, Gardner, electrician plumber office bearer etc.
5. Tacking commission while purchasing goods and services etc. more