Corruption in Mining - Inputs on Issues
With this post we would like to seek your inputs on the various forms of corruption in the mining sector ranging from allotment of mining leases to human rights violation.
Also, if you have specific cases that you would like to outline, you may do that as a new post. If you don't want to reveal your identity and report something that should be investigated by the authorities, please use the Post Anonymous Feature.
We look forward to your inputs!
Transparency International India more
The poor pay bribes of over Rs 8,000 million to access public services.
In real sense there was guidelines, which were not adhered by. Hence huge amount is minted by the Mines contractors and black money is generated in huge quantity.
Proper investigation is required by going through the files. more
Scams in mines allotment during UPA regime crossed all limits and are in every ones knowledge;
2. Mines areas are practically ruled by the mafias in collusion with high level authorities;
3. Work orders are issued diluting laid down rules against gratifications;
4. Every contractors have to pay percentages to get work orders as well as get their bills paid;
5. Trucks are allowed overloading and the differences in values are pocketed by the mine authorities and the mafias;
6. Loading preference is given to trucks taking bribes;
7. There is no transparency in issuing and opening of tenders;
8. Many work orders are issued without calling for tenders;
9. High value machinery and equipment of sub-standard quality are purchased without calling for tenders/quotations against payment of kick-backs;
10. Corruption prevails in engaging transport vehicles;
11. Sub-standard quality of construction of premises & staff quarters due to corruption prevails in selecting builders and allotting work orders;
12. All purchasing in mines are subject to payment of commission;
13. No bills are considered for payment until commission is paid;
14. Mafias dictate the local management of collieries and several truck loads of coal are pilfered;
15. Mine staff get OT for sleeping at home and so on more