Corruption and Entrepreneurship - Issues
We will then have a seperate discussion on solutions followed by submission to the key Government stakeholders for action.
Corruption faced by Entrepreneurs/Start Ups - Key Issues
1. Officials make simple job sound very difficult
2. The Government employees employ arm twisting tactics particularly with small entrepreneurs
3. Most officers scrutinizing an income tax refund of a small company almost always do not clear the refund unless bribes are paid
4. Big bribes have to be paid for getting licences, approvals and registrations done
5. Peons will not move the files forward till they are bribed
6. Smaller companies do not get any Government contracts as most procurement divisions are bribed by the biggest companies to get all the contracts
7. Inspectors keep digging to find the smallest of mistakes and then push for bribes to ignore them
8. The online applications are most of the times not approved within the permissible time limits by the police officials
9. Many times, the approval application are rejected for no reason at all
10. The clerks in the Government departments use the official computers, to fill up the online forms of clients and charge Rs. 2000 for each applications, which is a type of bribe taken by them. more
1. The discretion is very much limited to officials to accept or reject.
2. In one week or ten days, If your file is short of papers, or any error is observed, there is a department which will take 100 to 200 dollars and approve or reject or seek correction in the data and papers. that is your file number for all the purpose.
3. Each department will tell its date of processing and file will move within the government with an intimation of passing to the next stage or higher ups. Tracking is done by the company or individual.
4. The date of enquiry or discussion will be intimated for finalisation if personal interview is required. Scanned copies alone move from department to department, only the main file will have processed sheet if detailed notes are required.
BETTER PUT UP THIS PROPOSAL BE PROCESSED AND POSTED TO GOVERNMENT BY THOUSAND ENTREPRENEURS.
Secondly, the corruption is one hand sound. Most of the entrepreneurs fear to submit the file without paying the bribe,because the file is shoddy and having hundred violations
who will correct this. more