Common Corruption Chains: Addl Inputs
We look forward to your inputs!
Transparency International India
Chains of Corruption
1. There is open corruption in land registrar office. The bribe is collected through advocates, deed writers, agent etc.
2. Traffic police takes bribes to let go of challans and the money is shared across the chain
3. Cash is collected at each of the major stations where contractors have to deposit their tribute in a locked box and this tribute is consolidated at GMs office & distributed right up to the top
4. DDA - The money gets distributed on monthly basis. Every person on his/her desk gets the money as "this month share"
5. Police Department get a lot of money especially in the high-crime areas or liquor selling areas
6. Bribe is asked for in the electricity department for installing new meters and the money is distributed right till the top
7. Central excise is such department. Inspector in range collects monthly bribe and shares with superintendent and others
8. The provident fund office at times takes bribes to release money and shares the amount of bribe across the vertical. more