Common Corruption Chains - Addl Inputs
We look forward to your inputs!
Transparency International India
Common Corruption Chains identified by citizens
1. There is open corruption in land registrar office. The bribe is collected through advocates, deed writers, agent etc.
2. Traffic police takes bribes to let go of challans and the money is shared across the grape wine
3. Cash is collected at each of the major stations where contractors have to deposit their tribute in a locked box and this tribute is consolidated at GMs office & distributed right up to the Minister
4. DDA - The money gets distributed on monthly basis. Every person on his/her desk gets the money as "this month share"
5. Police Department get a lot of money especially in the high-crime areas or liquor selling areas
6. Bribe is asked for in the electricity department for installing new meters and the money is distributed right till the top
7. Central excise is one such department where the inspector in range collects monthly bribe n shares with superintendent n others
8. The provident fund department takes bribes to release money and shares the amount of bribe across the vertical
9. No kerosene is distributed to the poor at Govt. dictated price. It's sold in the open market for adulteration with H.S.D. or for illegal burning and the difference amount collected by the hawker is shared with the supply officials right up to DM level
10. Large amounts are collected by preventive and audit wings of the excise department, and the share goes to the very top
11. In the RTO departments in many states, bribe is taken for every single work done and the collection is shared up to top boss
12. Sales Tax & Income tax departments inspector in range collects bribes and shares with higher authorities. more