Airline charging for seats
these local circles polls are taken seriously by the Govt based on what I have heard from couple of senior babu contacts I have in Delhi.
airlines should not be allowed to charge and 25% is best number of seats that can be reserved as paid seats. Rest should be first come first serve. more
Moreover, lot of unethical practices like:
1. Selling tickets on cheaper fares also attracts more fee for any amendment. For example , one service provider is going to charge Rs 700/- for any amendment in ticket if fare paid is above Rs 5000/- but need to pay Rs 2400/- if purchased at lower price.
2. Most of the airlines offers complimentary refreshments during booking but either they serve cheap food or some times they won't serve hot beverages like coffee / tea at all.
3. Boarding time declares never met since flight arrives at airport , they do open gates for boarding passengers but need to wait at vestibule or connecting bus till flight get ready for next trip in a hurry burry mode.
4. Some times, if you can observe getting down cargo through belts you surprise that whether any load carrying capacity is there for flights are not. If I am wrong, this point may be ignored, but as a lay man some times I do think that DGCA must install weigh bridges at airports to check whether luggage loaded is beyond load carrying capacity or dangerous since this point directly links with passenger safety if flight mechanism fails at mid air.
5. White elephants like Indian Air lines who surviving with passenger fares are some times really won't bother about normal passengers but busily engaged with VVIP hospitality services. One day my flight stranded at Delhi airport (Air India) due to fog from 6.30 AM to 10 AM where as crew won't bother to serve at least glass of water to passengers but very busily engaged with few front seat VIP passenger catering needs.
6. To put a stop for this type of "no value against fare we pay" activities , we need to unite in forums, groups etc and through web conferences, can discuss the problems and submit our memorandums to bureaucratic organisations like DGCA, Airport authority of India etc.
7. There are some air traveler associations exist in India but not in a reach with common man like per anum you need to pay few thousand rupees as member ship fee.
Hence this is a long term project to put airlines in a track from current greedy attitude of robbing from passengers, where govt & concerned whistle blowing dpets are putting a blinked eye. more