AGENDA FOR COMMON MAN TO BE TAKEN UP BY AAP TO REDUCE ELECTRICITY TARIFF BY 50%
In continuation to my previous mails to AAP and posts on AAP pages on facebook, I would suggest that AAP should seriously consider to take up following suggestions for the benefit of common man in Delhi to reduce the power tariff by 50% :
1. Carry out investigative audit of Delhi Govt. joint venture companies BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd; BSES Yamuna Power Ltd. and Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd (TPDDL formerly NDPL) to detect the manipulations in purchases and accounting entries.
2. Upload on Delhi Govt. website the agreements executed between Govt. of NCT of Delhi and three power distribution companies for knowledge and awareness of general public (common man/aam aadmi ) to fulfill the promise of transparency of business made to public.
3. Issue policy directions to DERC (Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission) to review the tariff setting formula to work out the electricity tariff for distribution companies in Delhi. The present formula is defective as it hides the theft of energy and makes the honest people pay for theft of power. The tariff setting formula should be as under :
Tariff (electricity rate per unit) = Total expenditure admitted divided by (/) Total units of electricity purchased.
4. Issue policy directions to DERC to upload on website the total units purchased by three distribution companies and total units billed by them and further disclose the units stolen. Or Delhi Govt. should itself upload these data on its website to maintain transparency of business before the public.
5. Issue policy directions to DERC that TOD (Time of the Day) Tariff must not be approved as it would go against the interest of common man. It is because of the reason that peak demand of electricity is between 6 am to 9 am when children are required to prepare for schools and parents or most of the common man prepare to go office. If TOD is to be implemented then morning time 6 am to 9 am should be excluded. Similarly evening time 7 pm to 10 pm should also be excluded from the TOD. This will relieve the common man. Keeping a cap on the consumption during TOD and giving subsidy thereon will also hit the common man. Therefore TOD must not be approved by DERC for which a policy direction will be required to be issued by Delhi Government.
6. Delhi Government has 49% (Forty Nine percent) share in the three joint venture distribution companies in Delhi. It should be informed to the general public/common man how much money has Delhi Govt. received for its 49% share from the income made by BSES RPL, BSES YPL and TPDDL (NDPL) during the period 1.07.2002 to 31.12.2013. If any amount is in arrear, then what action the Govt. has taken for recovery of the arrears from these three Delhi Govt. joint venture distribution companies? Whether Govt. of Delhi should not charge interest from BSES and TPDDL on the amount of arrears recoverable towards its 49% share?
7. The power generating stations in Delhi are undertakings of Govt. of Delhi. These four power stations are under Delhi Government companies viz Indraprastha Power Generation Company Ltd. operating and maintaining Rajghat Thermal Power Station and Gas Turbine Power Station, and second company is Pragati Power Corporation Ltd. operating and maintaining Pragati-1 Power Station at IP Estate and Pragati-III Power Station at Bawana. The aim of the government should be run these undertakings on “No profit No loss” basis. However Govt. Delhi is receiving dividend out of profit made by these undertakings. The Govt. of Delhi should stop receiving dividend from these undertakings so that power generation tariff becomes cheaper and in turn its ultimate selling cost to the end consumer also becomes cheaper. It will help AAP Government to fulfill its promise of reducing the electricity tariff by 50%.
8. Whether the three joint venture distribution companies of Delhi Government i.e. BSESRPL, BSESYPL and TPDDL have brought down the theft of electricity to zero in the period 138 months since 1.07.2002 from the date of commercial functioning of these joint venure companies, if not then why these joint venture companies should not be dissolved and these companies be converted into Delhi Government undertakings like IPGCL (Indraprastha Power Gen Co. Ltd,), PPCL (Pragati Power Corpn Ltd.) and DTL (Delhi Transco Ltd.)?
It our request on behalf of general public (common man/aam aadmi) that AAP government at Delhi should take care to seriously consider the above agenda and work on the above suggestions to give relief to aam aadmi/common man by reducing the electricity tariff by 50% and taking legal action against the erring action of these three distribution companies for manipulation if detected during investigative audit by CAG. These steps will certainly bring relief to aam aadmi and provide strength to the roots of AAP government in Delhi as well as build its national image in the mind of people all over India.
Hope that Mr Arvind Kejriwal will actively consider the above factual suggestions and act swiftly to maintain transparency of business in the deeds of AAP governance.
Thanking in anticipation.
Chandra Mani Lal Srivastava
Aam Aadmi well wisher and AAP supporter.
04th January 2013.
View Harindar Bawa's profile: https://www.linkedin.com/e/v2?e=9qk6a8-iexy745e-60&t=npv&ek=second_guest_reminder_01&li=4&m=hero&ts=profile_text&memberID=38934953
You received an invitation to connect. LinkedIn will use your email address to make suggestions to our members in features like People You May Know. Unsubscribe here: https://www.linkedin.com/e/v2?e=9qk6a8-iexy745e-60&t=lun&midToken=AQFmrFVhGEd36Q&ek=second_guest_reminder_01&li=8&m=unsub&ts=HTML&eid=9qk6a8-iexy745e-60&loid=AQGqbePfloxgzAAAAU__C-TVWEozIOHhi7J83zG0GfwBmFQ-bq-O74c4kXc5kAYODuYDKTLLREKI0Mgr0f8VV9fDJn0LUAO3dFFrNDgP1U8SNmtU7UPbDeSwtWhBejMB39E4gLGS4g
This email was sent to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need assistance or have questions, please contact LinkedIn Customer Service: https://www.linkedin.com/e/v2?e=9qk6a8-iexy745e-60&a=customerServiceUrl&ek=second_guest_reminder_01
© 2015 LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View CA 94043. LinkedIn and the LinkedIn logo are registered trademarks of LinkedIn. more
Your friend balajitechnocrat send you this invitation !
Discuss with him and see his pictures on inter-chat :-)
Here are some of the latest registered :
Click here to login on Inter-chat
You received this invitation because your friend balajitechnocrat registered on inter-chat and wants
to invite you.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from inter-chat, click here
Inter-chat is edited by the company bacto-net (RCS LILLE - 512 366 378)
21 avenue le Corbusier - 59042 Lille (France)