The service delivery in respect of the issue of patta by the Taluk offices needs immediate attention. Though every one seems to be doing their part right it is felt a thorough overall is needed in all these offices. The collector office is getting RTI applications for nonissue of pattas or lost applications and day in day out the HOD's are breaking their head in meetings and meetings, Though a online software is getting ready ultimately for implementation in Tamil Nadu , it is observed that the Patta clerk is to deal with more than two villages and the daily visit of the public applying for patta is becoming unmanageable to him. The Real Estate promoters and persons close to politics corner the attention of the officer((s) and claim always out of turn treatment and cause the public ire.
1) The public is entitled for an improvement in service by way of introducing a help desk with a sample filled up document and the personal touch of help by a Revenue department staff.
2) This plus a token system and a quality time of 5 mins hearing from the visiting public to hear the grievance from all of them with a printed spread sheet showing the status of each case submitted by them in the past one month as a ready reckoner with them . The public can be called in one by one in a first come first served basis like in a bank token system. If they want to escalate they should be allowed to meet the AT or Tahsildar to clear the bottlenecks .
3) The surveyor side not much of delay is experienced by the public as they are able to complete the survey or field visit in a Week or so. The present system is good enough. The actual delay is felt only in the Patta clerk who is really to do a marathon work of meeting the public all through his day and put up the applications received for approval of the AT by doing late hour sitting up to 8.00 pm daily . In fact files are getting cleared from AT or Tahsildar immediately and they get clogged on to the working table of the Patta clerk . You can see his daily routine is wasted in locating the files from mounts of files on his working table. In order to improve the situation the following suggestion is provided .
4) The Tahsildar governing the Taluk can restrict the visiting hours by limiting only say 50 applications a week . If he wants to double the throughput one more Patta clerk has to be employed .
5) Also the Tahsildar and the AT can be pooling in more resources to help the department clerk where the work is pending like stitching of the applications that are complete in all aspects and storing them.
6) All the 50 or 100 applications submitted and pending in various levels needs to be cleared in full end to end by all the sections before a next batch of 100 can be accepted.
7)The payment of the prescribed fees to be accepted on NEFT transfer also with the Account number , IFSC code and head of account mentioned in the Taluk office instead of making the public to go to the Thousand Lights branch for a small value payment of Rs 20 and Rs 150 or so.
8) The deficiency or the documents needed for fulfilling the patta approval can be asked over the contact phone number provided by the applicant in his filled in application when he's asked to come in person.
8) The service delivery can be improved to 300 or 400 cases per Taluk if the above procedure is implemented. Ultimately the public are going to enjoy the day they get the land patta with a smiling face when the patta is approved and handed over by their concerned Tahsildar.
9) If there is a fresh intake of patta clerks into the Revenue Department through TNPSC this can can be easily accomplished . We have really talented young people available in this part of the country
9) The overall public image of the Revenue department will improve in Tamil Nadu .
------- Edited on 2016-03-16 -------
The Revenue department if it relaxes the viewing of the patta with district , taluk and village details without insisting on inputting of patta number on the portal http://edistrict.tn.gov.in:8080/eservicesnew/index.html
General public need not spend on bribes and run around the Tahsildar office and surveyors. . Also the entire Chennai district digitisation has to be completed on top most priority.
on priority and linked to TNREGINET for updation as and when a land transaction takes place. Today the Govt has spent a huge sums of money collected from the tax payers on computerisation of land records and I do not know , why should they deprive this basic e service to the General Public.
------- Edited on 2016-03-16 -------
The Revenue department if it relaxes the viewing of the patta with district , taluk and village details without insisting on inputting of patta number on the portal <a target="_blank" href="http://edistrict.tn.gov.in:8080/eservicesnew/index.html
; <br/> General public need not spend on bribes and run around the Tahsildar office and surveyors. . Also the entire Chennai district digitisation has to be completed on top most priority. <br/> on priority and linked to TNREGINET for updation as and when a land transaction takes place. Today the Govt has spent a huge sums of money collected from the tax payers on computerisation of land records and I do not know , why should they deprive this basic e service to the General Public.