Why does police refuse from registering FIR
1. They are Lazy and they don’t like lengthy paper work.
2. They take bribe to favor accused.
3. They want bribe from you.
4. They’re afraid of filing case against accused, if he/she is an influential person.
5. They don’t know about Indian Penal code and what section of it applies to your case so If they file your case, it is quite probably they would make mistake if they register FIR and if they register the case with wrong section, they get warning or even departmental action from their superior or court.
6. Unlike any other company, Police department sometimes has set target so they manipulate with facts and by the way registering less FIR every year, they show crime is mitigated in the city. This is also a pressure from Government for their voting factor.
7. If you are a well placed person, they know you will be harassed in the courts. more
Politically, it is the Best Law & Order Situation in any given territory, time etc. Same is the case Administratively and Socially.
Simple example of Child Labor, Reap & Infant/Child deaths due to mal-nutrition - Published figures as against the Survey carried out by Independent Organisation - either by NGO &/Or UN backed Team?committee envisage the vast differences in actual against reported.
By not registration of FIR the Relevant Reports will be of "ALL WELL", so that ever body can peaceful until he suffers. more