What's needed for Zero Accident Mission - Addl Inputs
• Proper checking methodology - Standard check points list to be developed so that even single small point will not missed out
• Component aging limit needs to be fixed for engine, coach, signaling system, controlling system, tracks – if needed it is to be upgraded or replaced with new one.
• proper training to employees
• Train track checking frequency to be fixed – it is to be followed vigorously & seriously
• If any defects are observed while checking then what immediate actions needs to be taken by track checking team and railway management needs to be fixed.
2. Our railway tracks are very busy so probability of improper checking of tracks / railway lines
• needs to think for additional tracks
• At many locations double tracks are not available and available single track will face heavy traffic – study to be carried out to know the traffic load
3. Unmanned crossing needs to be closed with suitable gate along with gate keeper. Even on gate both side minor opening and opening at bottom part of gate needs to be closed - Many time it has been observed public using this opening for early escape.
4. Position wise responsibility needs to be fixed and training should be specific to responsibility. Training contents should be
• Roles and responsibility along with minor and major steps to be followed
• Importance of specific positions
• How further improvement can be observed for particular position
• What will be the end result of minor mistakes?
• Accident scenarios in totality indicating
Different type of accident observed till date
Reason of accident and how it can be avoided.
Controlling Factors, How it can be avoided – how employees can contribute for avoiding accidents.
• How employee can contribute for more effectiveness
• Overall Performance of unit
5. Training to employees who are involved in train rout monitoring, tracking and track controlling – role specific training
6. Increments and promotions on performance based only
7. Incentive schemes to get more output from employees.
8. Ownership concept to be implanted – presently no one owns ownership due to which railway property is not taken care more