Way forward for Swachh gurgaon
I have a group of volunteers and as an experiment we undertook a cleaning drive on 2nd October. In one hour we collected about 15 big bags of garbage and we took it to the nearest dumping area. We found that the people in the neighbourhood were influenced by our actions, and many joined to help. Also I think we influenced them to be more careful about how to dispose off their garbage.
And we had a lot of fun in this drive!
What we learnt was that there are many things we can do to make our area more clean, and get residents support. and that may be a good start! more
Cafe Coffee Day
SG 103, Ground Floor, DLF Galleria Shopping Complex
DLF Phase IV, Sector 28, Gurgaon, Haryana 122009
This is inside the Galleria market.
My phone is 9136001604. Please call me in case you need any directions. Look forward to meeting you there
1. Neighbors should get together and lay out their neighborhood cleanliness objectives
2. A cleanliness committee should be formed to make this a sustainable initiative
3. Cleanliness do’s and don’ts to be established and posted in multiple locations in Hindi so Residents/Staff/Vendors/Visitors can all understand. (Include guidelines on cleaning after pet, prohibition on littering, posters, spitting)
4. Residents to orient their families as well as staff and vendors coming in the neighborhood
5. Cleanliness Sign boards to include phone numbers of local health officer, wastage pick up agency, Resident Welfare Association/Security office, SHO, MLA with a call to action from Residents
6. Collective pledge to commit certain hours a month on Cleanliness. Multiple teams can be formed with each covering 2 cleanliness days every month.
7. Cleanliness drive to pick up trash in the neighborhood (or some areas), clean the parks (if any)
8. Collective residents action mechanism on reporting unauthorized hawkers in the neighborhood
9. Adequate garbage collection bins should be kept in the society/neighborhood
10. Initiate a neighborhood beautification drive with Residents. more