Voter Registration in Gurgaon
Election Commission of Haryana is conducting Voter Registration Drive from 9th June 2014 to 30th June, 2014
To vote is not only your right but also your responsibility. Haryana Assembly Elections are around the corner.
Make sure your vote counts !!!
BLOs (Booth Level Officer) will visit your RWA and nearest booth on weekends. You can submit your Form no. 6, duly filled and necessary documents attached, to your BLO.
For your convenience we have attached to this email Form 6 (for new voter registration ) and some guidelines that will help you in filling the form.
You can also download Form 6 from the website www.ceoharyana.nic.in more
If this information was of use to you and you managed to get yourself enrolled, or if you are facing difficulty please do let us know on our Facebook page : Gurgaon Register To Vote more
1. Please call theElection Office, Gurgaon (0124-2224047) to find the booth nearest to you where you can collect and submit forms OR ask your RWA to facilitate the visit of your BLO to your society.
2. If this does not work, please call the District Collector’s Office (0124-2325500).
3. If this still fails to yield results, please call the Chief Electoral Officer, Haryana Mr. Walgad in Chandigarh(0172- 7211697).
You can also email him at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
Step 2 – Find your Form
1. If you are applying for a new voter card, you need to complete Form 6.
2. If you are applying for corrections to be made to an existing card, you need to complete Form 8.
3. Download these forms at http://ceoharyana.nic.in
Step 3 – Instructions to Fill in the Form
1. Use block/capital letters when completing the form.
2. Write your e-mail address and telephone number/mobile number at the top of the form on the first page.
3. Please remember to sign the form.
4. Specific instructions with regards Form 6 –
a. Section IV is the most important section. When filling in this section, please make sure you address the following -
i. Fill in the date (month and year) since when you have been residing at your current address.
ii. Sub-point (iv) in this section is critical.
• In case you are less than 25 years old and have never applied for a voter id before, Choose Option 1.
• In case you are older than 25 years, Choose Option 2 and provide your earlier place of residence. By choosing this option, you are indicating that if there was ever a card made in your name, the same may then be deleted.
• If you do not have details of your earlier voter card, please leave it blank.
b. Section III is not mandatory. Fill it if other members of your family are registered and you have their details. Else leave it blank.
Step 4 – Supporting Documents to be submitted
1. 2 passport photographs. Please ensure that the photograph is neither too small nor too big, but is sufficiently sized to fit the box. You are required to sign across the photograph only in Form 6.
2. In addition, a copy of the following documents are required -
a. Proof of Age (PAN card, Passport, 10th StandardCertificate, etc.)
b. Address Proof (Bank Statements, Passport, Driving Licence, House Registration, Income Tax Assessment Order, Latest Water / Telephone / Electricity / Gas Connection Bill, etc).
c. Please note that theration card is not considered sufficient here and you will have to give additional proof(from the above mentioned documents)along with the ration card.
d. Also note that wives can use the address proof of the husband and children can use the address proof of their father, provided they attach a document that establishes the relevant relationship.
3. Please ensure that you self-attest all the documents that you are attaching.
Step 5 – Follow-up after submission of Documents
1. Please ensure to take down the contact name and telephone number of the Block Officer that you submit your forms to.
2. Continue to follow-up with them in case you don’t get your card even after a month.
3. Please do inform us in case you are unable to make any headway at the e-mail address or on the Facebook page provided above. more