Urgency of the time - All Ministers be given individual targets
ONE MINISTER – ONE AGENDA – ONE TARGET
It is about time Govt. of India draws a target for each Minister to deliver within next 4 years. The idea is if each Minister achieves one target, India will grow by leaps and bounds and will have a visibility for the common man.
Efforts on too many targets will thin the achievements. It would be best if each Minister concentrates on one target besides his routine work. These targets have to be defined on perfectly measurable terms. Some suggested targets are as below:
1. Minister of Agriculture
DARE (Research) to fund 25% of its expenses within 4 years.
2. Minister of Chemical & Fertilizers Subsidy on organic fertilizers to be drawn. Subsidy on Urea to be uniform in 4 years times.
3. Minister of Civil Aviation Create a mechanism to incentives to Aeroplane Gaints to create a Manufacturing hub & a Servicing hub in India
4. Minister of Coal Coal production to be doubled in 4 years.
5. Ministry of Commerce & Industry Exports to surpass imports in 4 years in value terms.
6. Minister of Communications & Information Technology Limited free wifi in all Urban areas through PPP mode.
All software procurement to be made compulsory through open source.
7. Minister of Consumer Affairs Food Remove vegetables & fruits from coverage of APMC Acts of States. It will cut down a major cause of inflation.
8. Minister of Corporate Affairs Study & immediately implement a procedure for e-residency opening the door to doing business online like what Estonia is doing.
9. Ministry of Culture The NMA be scrapped and ASI law be made reasonable.
10. Ministry of Defence 60% of all procurement be made indigenous in money terms
11. Minister of Development of North Eastern Region At least 250 Micro and Mini hydel plants be established in next 4 years, and work on 10 mega Hydel be started.
12. Minister of Drinking Water Supply & Sanitation Arsenic floride and nitrate poisoning of ground water be mapped for each district in the country.
13. Minister of Earth Sciences A project to map minerals in our sea shelf be done for all the EEZ.
14. Minister of Environment & Forests We need to increase the forest cover by 1% every year till we reach 533% coverage. Particular attention is needed for NE states to stop degradation.
15. Minister of External Affairs VISA on arrival for nationality from at least 100 countries.
16. Minister of Finance Income tax to be replaced by transaction tax within 4 years.
GST to include state excise and be implemented within one year.
17. Minister of Food Processing Industries Expansion of horticulture production by 150 percent.
18. Minister of Health & Family Welfare Bringing TB cases down by 50%
19. Minister of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises All loss making GOI/PSU be told to revive within next two years or be dis-invested.
20. Minister of Home Affairs All the proposed territorial exchange with Bangladesh be completed within two years and all the border with the Bangladesh be fenced.
21. Minister of Housing Urban Poverty & Alleviation Each state be funded to create 10 in-situ slum re-development projects with 50% financing from GOI and rest by private participation (except for North-East states where it is not needed).
22. Minister of Human Resources Development One vocational skill be taught to every child between Class-VI to Class-XII.
23. Minister of Information & Broadcasting Doordarshan be made more neutral and vibrant so as to surpass viewership or all other channels put together.
24. Minister of Labour & Employment Labour laws in India are seen as anti-growth. A lot will change if Labour courts are made mobile & fast. Labour unions have to be tamed. They exploit both, the labourer as well as the owner. The mobile labour magistrate should go to the site and decide cases summarily.
25. Minister of Law & Justice The Nyaya Panchyats be activated not only in villages, but in Nagar Palikas as well with powers to handle civil cases upto Rs. 10 lacs so that the burden on judiciary is reduced.
26. Minister of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises It be made mandatory that 30% of all procurement in Government will be done through Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
27. Minister of Mines Have to ensure rise in net profit by atleast 50% for all its PSUs.
28. Minister of Minority Affairs 50% of the Madarasa in the country should have Science education supported by GOI within four years.
29. Minister of New & Renewable Energy A 5000 MW Solar plant be set up in Barmer (Rajasthan).
All roof-tops in Metros to have net metering facility.
30. Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs 150000 lac NRIs to be motivated to set up shops in India.
31. Minister of Panchyati Raj A scheme for e-connecting all the Panchayats to GOI be implemented.
32. Minister of Parliamentary Affairs The Ministry to set up a time table for progress and smooth passage of all bills.
33. Minister of Personnel Public Grievances & Pensions A programme for retiring all services (IAS,IPS etc.) by age of 50 years be carved out. Thereafter the field be made open for lateral entry from private as well as ex-civil servants.
34. Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas Refining capacity target to 350 MMTPA by 2018-19.
35. Minister of Planning Monitor this one Minister-One target programme.
36. Minister of Power • Generation capacity to increase by 20% in 4 years
• Electricity Act be amended to cover all the means of production.
37. Minister of Railways All passengers’ trains be replaced by Distributed Power Train Set. Line capacity will increase by 20%. Passengers density will also increase. Energy will be saved by 30%.
38. Minister of Road Transport & Highways Smart card for tolls & parking made mandatory for all vehicles.
39. Minister of Rural Development All villages with population of 3000 or above should be connected by a metalled road.
40. Minister of Science & Technology All CSIR institutions to fund their budget by at least 10% by support to industry/universities.
41. Minister of Shipping A mega barbour /port town be created in Andaman Nicobar Inland.
42. Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment The benefit of reservations in jobs of higher education is benefitting the rich rather than those who are deprived. SC/ST/OBC/certificate should certify if the corporate holder is 2nd generations to enjoy the benefit or 3rd generation. Now reservations benefits be first given to first generation beneficiaries and then if any seats are left vacant to 2nd generations & so on.
43. Minister of Statistics & Programme Implementation New policy be devised on MPLAD to make it mandatory for all MPs to spend.
44. Minister of Steel All PSUs to increase their net profit by 60% in next 4 years.
45. Minister of Textiles Create a Smart Textile City on Delhi Mumbai Industrial corridor with integrated facility for transport, textile colleges, it is, residential complex on PPP mode
46. Minister of Tourism Visa on arrival be well established to give 20% growth in footfall year to year.
47. Minister of Tribal Affairs Construct one ITI at block level in all Tribal districts with training in Trade which suits the skill of the tribe.
48. Minister of Urban Development 2000 waste to Energy/Waste to Gas/Waste to RDF plants be set up throughout the country.
49. Minister of Water Resources River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation Ensure a stretch of Ganges upto Kanpur to have zero city untreated discharge into Ganges.
50. Minister of Women & Child Development 3 lakh Angnawadi to be constructed in 4 years.
51. Minister of Skill Development Entrepreneurship. Youth Affairs & Sports Devise a skill programme for all school/college going students.
I am interested this work
please confirm wats my salary
On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 7:36 PM, Om Mishra <email@example.com>
this. -- Jayanta Dasgupta. more