TTE Corruption - Addl Inputs Sought
We will be compiling the whitepaper shortly for submission to Hon'ble Railway Minister and Leadership team.
TTE Corruption and Discretion - Key Solutions
1. Authority of distributing the vacant seats must be removed from TTE and their responsibility should be only ensuring the verification of proper tickets.
2. TTE's should be given a GPRS machine instead of coupon booklet to avoid non-reporting of collected fine.
3. Vacant seats must be reported at every station via GPRS system by TTE which will be monitored at a centrally located BPO.
4. These seats should be made available online and automatically allocated to RAC/waitlist passengers in the train or to the passenger boarding on the next station
5. Electronic passenger feedback via mobile/internet on each TTE should be sought for their interaction/hospitality with their increment/promotion significantly linked to passenger feedback
6. RAC allotment to be made online after chart preparation
7. Strict & quick punishment should be given to TTEs indulging in corrupt practices
8. Increase the number of vigilance officers and inspectors
9. Set up a HOTLINE for reporting cases with independent anti-corruption wing for follow up action
10. Attitude training for staff including moral issues
11. Honest and sincere TTEs should be awarded with incentives
12. Current booking tickets obtained minutes before departure should also be issued with seat/berth numbers
13. Actual position of berth availability should be displayed at all stations on real time basis for all trains so that the real status is known
14. Cameras should be installed in trains
15. Cancellations should not be allowed after 6 hours before the departure time so that the cancelled berths and seats can automatically be allotted to RAC & Waitlisted passengers
16. TTEs should be trained in customer service
17. A railway mobile app should be made which gives instant info on the empty seats.
TTE Corruption and Discretion – Key Issues
1. They take money from unreserved passengers and offer them seats
2. They sell vacant seats at high prices to needy passengers
3. TTEs take bribes and allow passengers to carry goods in passenger compartments
4. Many times they don’t give seats to RAC passengers but sell seats to non-ticket holders
5. They collect fines but do not give receipts
6. Many times they ask for money from RAC passengers to allot seats
7. TTEs take bribe to upgrade you to an upper class
8. TTEs allow daily passenger to board general compartment without ticket by taking a small bribe
9. They offer staff/VIP quota seats to passengers by taking bribes
10. TTEs allow passengers specially businessmen to travel in long distance trains during night time without ticket. In the morning they get tickets for the remaining portion of the journey and pocket the money. more