Traveling Unreserved in Reserved Coaches - Addl Inputs
Kindly review them and add if you have any additional inputs. We will soon be summarizing this into a whitepaper and sharing with our leadership.
We look forward to your inputs!
Minimizing Unreserved Travel in Reserved Coaches
1. Indian Railways should make entry into reserved compartment without reservation a punishable offence, validated and executed through TTE and Railway Police
2. TTE should check the tickets carefully
3. TTE should make sure with support from Railways Police that the passengers with reserved tickets get their seats
4. If the passenger misbehaves, the Railway Police should come in action
5. Passengers without reserved tickets found seated in reserved compartment should be fined as well along with punishment
6. The TTE should also have the power to ask the passenger to de-board if found seated in reserved compartment without reservation
7. Railway Central Ticket Checking Squads should be formed which in group of 20 team members randomly check trains for violations of ticketless and unreserved travel and take on spot actions against passengers and TTE
8. If a seat is vacant, the TTE could charge a small amount with receipt for allotting a seat
9. A helpline could be started where such incidents could be reported with action taken within a few hours from the next few stations. more