Transition of Ghaziabad to a Smart City
Also, email, whatsapp or call and invite your municipal commissioner, mayor and any others to get connected to the citizens by sharing the link:
Ghaziabad will only become a smart city when both Adminsitration and Citizens have a role to play and stay engaged to make it happen. more
4. The 3 national Highways are highly congested. One has to think a lot before moving as time of commuting may vary from 1.5 hours to 4-5 hours normally depending upon the traffic jam on highways.
5. The law and order problems and civic administration were two main problems for closure/shifting of industries from Ghaziabad. Not much of improvement is visible in last few decades. Why not think of "Make in India" Abhiyan in Ghaziabad, which had the glory of real best industrial city of U.P in the past.
6. The roads, drainage, sewerage conditions are extremely bad. The municipal safai karmacharis are out of control from their superiors due to their other occupations and strong unions.
7. Though now rated second best in electricity transmission/ theft/ pilferage losses, the power cuts in Ghaziabad is exorbitantly high. Even moderate winds/rains forces substations to stop supply for few hours. It should be reduced to zero or 1-2 hours maximum.
8. Flooding, of water in few areas already identified, is frequent in monsoon. Drains are not cleaned and wastage/garbage is thrown in drains or empty plots and not at proper dump/sub-dump places.
9. The railway station is senior citizen/disabled persons unfriendly. One has to ride or descend the high bridge to reach any platform. More platforms, technology and automation required There is no sub-way also. The outside area is a very congested.
10. The condition of three govt. hospitals are pathetic in terms of no. of doctors, large no. of patients & medicines available.
11. There is no local bus service in the city though the city has expanded many fold in last two decades.
12. The sabji mandi in heart of city is flooded with water even small rains. Besides it is very dirty and highly crowded to even walk upon properly.
13. Most of the buses passing through Ghaziabad do not go to Ghaziabad proper bus stand and bypassing either bus stand or even city through Meerut Road & Lal Kuan.
14. Bus services must be started from Ghaziabad to all prominent places to Delhi i.e. east, west, south, north, central Delhi, prominent metro stations, govt. and leading hospitals, leading market places govt. offices, all universities campus in Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Greater Noida and sectors on Express highway and Agra Express Highway.
15. A lot is required to be done for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in Ghaziabad and not much impact is seen with apathy of municipal authorities & police.
16. A lot of ponds and waste land have disappeared in Ghaziabad due to encroachment in Ghaziabad by land mafias. A long lasting de-encroachment drive is needed in Ghaziabad. The biggest pond near Ramte Ram Road can be developed into a tourist spot after removing large encroachments.
17. There are no big and noteworthy parks for entertainment/ relaxing/picnic in Ghaziabad. For an outsiders there is no worthwhile place to show in Ghaziabad as in Noida, Delhi etc. The Ganges canal crossings near Pilakua and Muradnagar can be developed as religious as well as picnic places.
18. The areas beyond railway line in Ghaziabad i.e. Vijay Nagar, Pratap Vihar etc. are not well connected with main city. The subway near Dudheshwar temple is very traffic blocking and closed even in mild rains.
19. The problems in Old, Trans-Hindon and Trans Railway Line, Ghaziabad are quite different. A separate authority for trans-hindon and trans-railway line be formed for proper development & connectivity of these areas.
20. Barring 6-7 professional institutes for Engineering, IT, Management, Pharmacy etc., all other institutes in Ghaziabad are in bad shape in terms of quality of education, research, projects, training, placement, proper faculty, infrastructure etc. Almost half of U.P. Technical University colleges are in NCR, which create a lot of unemployment and bad name to the university now named as APJ Abdul Kalam University. The Smart City Educational Committee should take adequate steps for either betterment or closure of these colleges in Ghaziabad.
21. The existing polytechnic and ITIs should be converted to modern skill development centers rather than thinking of new centers first. Let all high technology talks be applied here.
22. The old markets of the city are very crowded with very narrow lanes. Without improving the conditions here it can not be a smart city.
23. The divisional commissioner office should be shifted to Ghaziabad as Ghaziabad is almost in center of all U.P NCR towns besides proximity to Delhi.
24. Hindon River need to be de-silted and few places around it to be developed as picnic spots with boating facilities.
25. The Ganges water should also be made available to some parts of old Ghaziabad City besides trans-hindon and Delhi areas.
26. Few ladies police stations be created or converted from male/ general P.O. and all P.O. should be soon IT savvy.
27. Only one car should be registered in one person's name to de-congest the traffic.
28. The economical car taxis as proposed for Delhi should also be started in Ghaziabad soon with no further licences issued for conventional 3 wheelers.
29. Barring 3-4 private hospitals, which are as costly as New Delhi's famous hospitals, other private hospitals are also very costly the poor patients. The Exclusive Generic Medical Stores either do not exist or are not known in Ghaziabad.
30. The city should have Wi-Fi facility shortly. more
2. Majority of Ghaziabad population is dependent on Delhi, Noida, Greater Noida, Gurgaon for services or trade. However the public transportation to these places is very poor. The metro expected during Commonwealth Games is still not there. The old Ghaziabad is not connected and Metro up to New Ghaziabad bus stand does not fully serve the purpose. The city has expanded up to Lal Kuan, hence Metro should be brought up to Lal kuan at earliest possible. The pace of expansion of Metro in Gurgaon, Delhi, Faridabad, Noida, Greater Noida is quite fast but Ghaziabad is at laggard end. more
Th citizens should be vigilant and active for the things they need from administration.
Their should be a clear accountability without any if & Buts), firm time bound guide line/ citizens charter for at each level of administration with total transparency. more
expectations they have to repent on their decision and relocate elsewhere. Many citizens have made big fortunes here
And many are miserableB but Continue To live in hopes for better But such people have migrated from places where there are no opportunities to survive and grow And number of such persons is huge and city is just feeling helpless to look after them.and such migrants flow is increasing daily.
So all dreams of Smart city fails here.
Ghaziabad has a railhead of 154 year old and it is thEoldest big town of
Of Delhi NCR
It can still be made a Smart City if propwe efforts are made
No. further entry of migrants
Plan A Smart City Model and implement it
And a more