TO START THE PASSENGER TRAFFIC BE WELCOME & TO KEEP THE RAIL TRACKS OCCUPIED :
Now the Returnees to the home states , particularly in the peak summer find it extremely difficult to work in the sun carrying Shovel and Spade as mentioned by them . Most have been working under a roof , like shops, load men, Restaurants and construction labourers . So they say “A man working under shade will feel uncomfortable under shade (Chayawala admi dhoop me aa jaye to dikkat to hoti hei ) ”The wages of Rs. 202/day seems to be insufficient for the labourers as they were earning a minimum of RS.9,000 to 10,000 .
The Migrants have gone through the Misery and Agony of No Job, No Wages , savings dwindling and Rations getting scarce , at the work states -that has pushed them to this decision to return home . As at that time of first shutdown there was no transportation available , many had taken to trekking with their belongings and family , cycling , some in the costal area through boats .
NOW THE CRUX OF THE PROBLEM IS HOW TO JUSTIFY THE SALARIES PAID TO RAIL STAFF (1,88,100 Crores -2018-2019 figures )AND RAISE REVENUE . MOST IMPORTANT FOR THE RAILWAYS . AND ALSO HANDLE THE RAIL UNIONS AMICABLY TO WORK TO THE NEW LABOUR NORMS THAT THE SITUATION DEMANDS.
IF STATES DON’T WANT TO SEND THE MIGRANTS BACK & SHRAMIK SPECIALS ARE NOT REQUIRED , THE RAILWAYS SHOULD
* START RELEASING THE REGULAR TRAINS STRICTLY OBSERVING THE COVID19 SAFETY NORMS IN STAGES (NOT NECESSARILY ALL THE 12 K TRAINS TO TRANSPORT ALL THE USUAL 23 MILLION PASSENGERS - IN STAGES )
* AS THE 3 TIER SEATING CAPACITY WILL BE TAKING IN ONLY 75% (8 seat to only 6 ), INCREASE THE FARE ACCORDINGLY .
* ADD A COVID19 TAX (THE DELHI GOVT. HAD ADDED 70% FOR LIQUOR ) BUT LET IT BE TRANSPARENT (so that people will willingly pay ).
* CANCEL ALL THE CONCESSION FOR THE TIME BEING (THAT MEANS EVEN THE FREE RAIL PASSES AND P.T.O.’S - this will reduce the number opting to travel )
* THIS IS THE BEST TIME TO REDUCE AND BE DONE WITH ALL THE RAIL PERKS FOR THE MINISTERS, RAIL BOARD MEMBERS AND THE LEGISLATORS (AFTER ALL THEY ARE PUBLIC SERVANTS – THEY ARE TO SERVE THE PUBLIC FOR THE FINANCIAL BETTERMENT OF THE NATION FIRST BEFORE THEIR OWN )
Let us all citizens including the Ministers and Legislators join hands in this austerity drive to lift India from going into Crisis . Jai Hind more
- Immagine walking from middle of India to North , South of Indisto Middle ,
- and cycling 1,200 kms.
- Some lucky ones managed to get train services at least to be packed like sardines to raech their near and dear ones .
- Some resorted to getting packed (not boarded ) into trucks.
It is ALSO pathetic to hear them dying
-run over by trains on the tracks,
- by trucks on the high ways while walking and Cycling .
- And the Trucks carrying Shrramiks overturning and killing and injuring .
This only reminds me of the Exodus during the Indo - Pak Partition and The Burmease Indians treking via the Noth east and perishing in the jungles eating green leaves as there wasnt food .
Hope good sensed will prevail over the Shramiks and some efforts are taken to avoid their misadventure . more