Things NGOs can do for Swachh Bharat - Addl Inputs
Things NGOs can do for Swachh Bharat
1. NGOs can take up the task of educating the people of rural India about keeping their surroundings clean
2. Some NGOs could highlighting the importance of SBM to housewives, shopkeepers and small business owners
3. They can also do third party quality checks of infrastructure being created under SBM and also do sample verification on a pre-determined check list
4. NGOs could adopt certain areas/colonies and take the responsibility of keeping them clean
5. NGOs can set up and monitor waste management systems
6. NGOs could work closely with the municipality to execute a daily cleaning plan in the area
7. NGOs can make house visits and ensure that people understand proper sanitation and garbage disposal techniques
8. NGOs could help in building toilets in rural areas
9. NGOs can be assigned the task of building and maintaining public toilets
10. They could also visit schools to teach the kids the importance of cleanliness in their daily lives
11. NGOs dealing with heath care delivery could have a tremendous role in the area of personal hygiene, optimum use of potable water, basic sanitation etc.
12. NGO's can ensure people's participation in Swachh Bharat and put pressure on ULBs to act
13. NGO can be authorized to collect money from houses and use it to arrange for segregation and separation of waste
14. NGOs can submit survey reports on Swachh Bharat Mission, they may be allocated areas to carry out surveys independently substantiated with videos and pictures on the basis of MOUs between the NGO and the monitoring authority
15. NGOs can also facilitate workshops on how to recycle and reuse non-biodegradable wastes into livelihood programmes
16. NGO's can be asked to put up small scale units for collecting garbage and sorting it into different components for processing
17. NGOs can also be given access to the Swachh Bharat city local circles to share community initiatives with citizens and mobilize citizens to help where necessary. more
Bharathi would like to stay in touch on LinkedIn.
View profile https://www.linkedin.com/comm/in/bharathi-ravikrishnan-710b8342?trk=eml-guest-invite-pprofile-link-cta&trkEmail=eml-invite_guest-null-418-null-null-%7Eu9wdtx%7Ejg86z1ws%7Ezw-null-neptune%2Fprofile%7Evanity%2Eview&lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Aemail_invite_guest%3BxOZ%2BZ2a%2BQaG2oAtfv7E1Uw%3D%3D
Confirm that you know Bharathi https://www.linkedin.com/comm/start/accept-invitation?sharedKey=7LWdj0Q9&invitationId=6393133711319236682&trk=eml-guest-invite-cta&trkEmail=eml-invite_guest-null-416-null-null-%7Eu9wdtx%7Ejg86z1ws%7Ezw-ssuw-start%7Esignup%7Ewarm&lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Aemail_invite_guest%3BxOZ%2BZ2a%2BQaG2oAtfv7E1Uw%3D%3D
You are receiving Invitation emails. LinkedIn will use your email address to make suggestions to our members in features like People You May Know.
This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
Â© 2018 LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2. LinkedIn is a registered business name of LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company. LinkedIn and the LinkedIn logo are registered trademarks of LinkedIn. more
We are from Sea Scouts Academy who organizes from last 5 years coastal clean up every year soon after the 11th day of Ganesh visarjan at Kolshet, Thane, Maharashtra.
We clean up the coastal area at kolshet.
many volunteers & company's employee take initiative to participate the event.
this year we are keeping theme of Swach Bharat and organizing the event.
if any of you would like to participate and come forward for the noble cause are most welcome.
if any of the corporate would like to sponsor (like T'shirts, Caps, Cleaning Gears, Etc.) the event are most welcome.
Organizing Member more