THE ABSOLUTE NEED TO PROVIDE CLEAN AIR TO CHILDREN:
I like to give some more inputs on the need to focus the general attention . The former post elicited good and valuable suggestions .
Here the focus on the need for Clean air for children:
There are 2 factors that need to be taken into consideration. What is under our control and what is not under our control. The factors and remedies under our control was enlisted in the last Post . The one that is not under our control is attached
* The lungs of the Children are small in size and the capacity is just 20% of that of Adults .
According to paediatrician Dr. Sonia Mittal " CHILDRENS LUNGS ARE SMALLER . THE FUCTION OF THEIR LUNGS ARE JUST 20 % OF WHAT THE ADULTS LUNGS' .
Baby has around 20-50 million air sacs [alveoli] at birth. The number of air sacs in your child’s lungs will increase rapidly over the first two years of life.
New air sacs will keep developing at a slower rate until your child is at least 8.
There is now evidence that new air sacs keep developing until the teenage years. When they grow up, your child will have around 300 million air sacs.
* Children are the Future for any Nation . In the light of this information there should be strategies Drawn to over come the grave problem Children face ; we can’t leave them like that .They are the future leaders , business people, Teachers and so on .
The problem raised here are solely on Children , though it affects all age groups and Gender.
During this period there is development of body parts , OF WHICH BRAIN THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE .
For all this Brain has to be healthy . Brain needs energy to think and decide. 2 of the most important energy sources are Oxygen and Glucose . The Brian consumes 20% of the total energy consumed by the adult human body ; though the weight of brain is 1.3 K.G. only , less than 2% of body weight [if 60 K.G.] OXYGEN HAS TO COME FROM THE ATMOSPHERE & BREATHING [UNLESS ONE CARRIES A PORTABLE NEBULISER ].
How to provide this for the growing Children to boost the oxygen intake if not at least provide clean oxygen :
- While admitting Look out for play schools and other Schools that for children below 10 that are surrounded with Trees , garden . – The same schools provide at least some classes outside from the dungeons [Avoid schools having very poor ventilation, that are near market place constant heavy traffic ]
- In the School insist on a good Assembly Area which are surrounded by trees . Make each student spend at least 1 hour a day at open space without dust . Dry days sprinkle water on the Assembly Area to avoid the dust from the marching of children - TO OVERCOME ALL THAT PLANT GRASS WHICH WILL FORM AS A CARPET FOR THE STUDENTS TO STAND TREAD WITHOUT DUST.
- If schools where good ventilation is not available due so many reasons - INSIST THAT CHILDREN BE TAKEN TO PARKS WITH TREES AND HAVE CLASSES ATLEAST 1 PERIOD / DAY OR 2 PERIODS / ON ALTERNATE DAYS TO ENSURE CLEAN AIR /OXYGEN .
- To improve the lung capacity some simple Breathing exercises ,may be Pranayama to be practiced in parks or suitable AIRY CLASS ROOMS .
TODAYS CHILDREN TOMORROWS CITIZENS /LEADERS . more
The suggestion given by Mr. Daniel is valuable and government must think over it else we will be eliminating our future generation by giving them pollution related diseases by birth. more