State Tourism Industry: Inputs on Issues
With this post, we would like to seek your inputs on all the issues with state tourism. Please share as much detail as possible based on your experiences.
The objective here is to work with the key stakeholders so actions can be taken to boost state tourism in India.
We look forward to your inputs! more
2) Infrastructure like good roads and clear signs placed to show how we can get to them by road.
3) The facilities at the spots like, clean drinking water, clean toilets and running water.
4) Stop charging more for a certain group of people that is not helping.( we want many many tourist with money and not few with lots of money to make those areas of the country wealthy.)
5) Government should have the real tour guide courses to train them to work at the tourist offices. They should be certified.
6) We need convenient airline or train connections to many places. ( example: Gwalior, so much wealth of heritage and amazing places near this city but hard to get to Gwalior)
7) Privatize services with yearly renewals. In case they do not perform the contracts are revoked.
8) Offer much work to locals so they see local economy grow and will stay with the jobs.
9) Provide good print material when people buy tickets at the museums or sites.
10) The little peon is the one who thinks he can be rude to the visitors and they are. That needs to reform.
11) Help travel agents by providing current information and updates.
12) Education in schools about our rich Indian history and heritage, We also have amazing wild life that can attract many tourists.
Just remember tourism brings new jobs to local villages in many parts of the country where unemployment in young is so high. It will revive the local economies by bringing new places to eat, local arts and craft to sell, hotels for tourists to stay overnight in lodgings. This is all going to help in all areas. Just think of this example I go to Chanderi in MP. I pay to get to the places in a rickshaw from the station, I get to hotel even simple clean place to stay the night, I eat my meals, I buy water, I get another car or other transportation to go to the sites, I go see the changeri textile making handloom, I buy some sadi, fabric, I pay a guide, I stay another night and leave by transport to get to the train. I hope you all get the point. The money I spent is for locals to have to better themselves.
Please make the changes to see how many jobs it will create and bring peoples standard of living higher. more