State Toll Tax in Haryana- If such fixation would cause black money.
Recently the toll tax on state road between Faridabad and Gurgaon and Sohna-Ballabhgarh being managed by Reliance have increased the toll tax ofcourse without any intimation. The increase is ranging from 10% to 25%. Surprisingly,
1. The maximum increase is for the ordinary citizen driving their own car. It is 25%.
2. More surprising the rate for up and down is Rs. 37.50 It is expected that the authorities should have applied the brain from where coin of 50 paise will be paid as refund or t be paid by the user.
3. Will it not increase the unaccounted black money mostly in the hand of the toll operator. As a very rough estimates such 50 paise excess payment could get about a crore of rupees which will be just a black money. Is it the intended purpose of the Govt of Haryana as the State of Haryana is expert in fixing the rates like in this fashion. Fixing of the charges for high security number plate was also in terms of the paise.
4. Will it not be a factor for the disputes at the toll booths for such 50 paise coin and then delaying the other users. Why it is fixed as up and down fare instead of 24 hrs timelines. more
Like I have mentioned that notice was there. They have to inform commuters and it was clearly pasted on Toll booth in bold letter almost for 2 weeks. Now it is fault of commuters that they did not read it. Further All tolls of India are linked with Price Index and it is not necessary to give notice of increase prior to weeks or month. Every year they have price renewal date and on approval Toll companies can increase even in 2 days notice. more
even one two rs coins are not availaBLE EASILY more
You are right. Tolls should be rounded off at 5 or 10 levels. Paise are a laughable currency now. All amounts 3.5 0r more should be raised to 5 and any thing less than 3.5 should be reduced to Zero. more
However I am not in the favor of Toll company but it will be little incorrect that Toll company increase without intimation. I am frequent traveler on this road and I saw notice pasted on Toll Window that Toll rates will be increased on 29/06/2018 Midnight and it was pasted almost for a week. On Inquire Lady told me that rate will be increased by 20% e.g. INR 20 will be changed to INR 25. So here newspaper give news just for sensation. On the other side, definitely Toll Company should apply brain to kept this on round-off for Return Toll. more
Sir, it means newspaper report is wrong. In that case the company should have filed rejoinder.
2. There are clear rules the company has to announce the revision in prices before stipulated period of notice. I do not remember the requirement of notice period but it is not a one week notice but many many weeks requirement. more
Firstly the toll shouldn't be increased like this as the infra company has
already calculated the cost and revenues and now increasing it means
pickpocketing the good tax payer and playing in the hands of corrupt
people. Secondly you are very right that the rates should have been fixed
on round off so it should be easy and less time consuming viz Rs 30 which
will take less time to clear the cars more