SHOULD WE ALLOW INDIA TO BE THE DUMP YARD FOR PLASTIC WASTE FROM OTHER COUNTRIES ?

It is sheer lack of communication between Commerce and Environment ministry and our circle .

ON THE ONE SIDE STATES ARE BANNING PLASTIC DOMESTICALLY ,ON THE OTHER SIDE HOW CAN INDIA IMPORT PLASTIC WASTE FROM OUTSIDE.

Look at the Statistics .The import is steeply increasing year after year .
Imports :
2016-2017 : 12,000 Metric Tonne.
2017-2018 : 48,000 " "
Look at the steep increase in import allowed when Swachh Circle is giving all its resources to help curb Plastic use and come out with remedies.

In 2018 – 19 , the first Quarter has already accounted for 25,000 Metric Tonnes ,
more than 50 % of the whole of previous years import . What is the need for such a hurry when 9 months are still there? Do they want to store and hoard used plastic pet bottles.
PARTICULARLY WHEN WE ARE RECYCLING ONLY 4 MILLION OUT OF THE 13 MILLION TONNES OF DOMESTIC PLASTIC WASTE GENERATED ? ONLY 30 % IS RECYCLED AND AND WHO IS GOING TO TAKE CARE OF THE REST 70 % TO BE RECYCLED . YET GOING FOR IMPORTS WHEN THE DOMESTIC PLASTIC CAN REPLACE THE IMPORTS FULLY .

I humbly request the Swachh managers to intervene to stop this immediately , at least in the in the interest of our kith and kin [it is also equally in the interest of the kith and kin of the Law Makers , Administrators , Middle men who make money at the cost of the future generation ]. more  

20190122_084718___20190124113757___.jpg
20190122_093918___20190124113252___.jpg
View all 28 comments Below 28 comments
India should not be treated as Dump Yard,if you want to see India as Swatch Bharat. more  
Plastic composite roads, however, have existed and demonstrate characteristics superior to regular asphalt concrete roads; specifically, they show better wear resistance.[2] The implementation of plastics in roads also opens a new option for recycling post consumer plastics.
The technology for this was developed by the ‘Plastic Man’ of India, Prof Rajagopalan Vasudevan, Professor of Chemistry at Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, Tamilnadu in 2015. more  
Import of waste plastic should be discouraged &violators should be offered death penalty. more  
Particularly when our balance of payment is adverse, I think, it is criminal to IMPORT waste plastic. I agree with Shri Balasubramanyam Sarmakrishnamurthy that we should find ways of converting waste Plastic into gold, however it has to precede Imports. It is very vital to inform Govt Executives about what is happening and seek information as to why this is allowed to happen and continue.
RYK. more  
Nicely said Mr. Daniel.

Whole idea is to sweep out Indian micro and small industries under strict impractical norms and allow foreign market liberally.

May I cite the example of Alcohol ban - Sharab Bandi in Bihar, when finished product in bottles was crushed under road roller by the administration and units making - Sharab were forced to close down with 100 % loss and owners forced to come on roads begging.
The finished product could have been procured by the administration for supply in Military canteens and amounts could have been paid to the closing down distillery owners.
But no , idea has been to put India under economic duress and make it weak so that no opposition can be raised.

I am sorry to comment Govt. is ignoring these facts knowingly and keeping calm on sufferrings of those who are working hard to earn livelihood.

Hail Daniel for raising a vital Question.

REGARDS
ANURAG CHATURVEDI
25.01.2019



________________________________
From: Jayakumar Daniel <support@localcirclesmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 3:49 PM
To: chaturvedi_anurag@hotmail.com
Subject: "SHOULD WE ALLOW INDIA TO ..." more  
Post a Comment

Related Posts

Share To
Enter your email & mobile number and we will send you the instructions

Note - The email can sometime gets delivered to the spam folder, so the instruction will be send to your mobile as well

Please select a Circle that you want people to invite to.
Invite to
(Maximum 500 email ids allowed.)