RAISING THE VALUE OF INDIAN AGAINST INTERNATIONAL CURRENCY :
They were all affected by the fall of the Rupee value . We heard several pathetic stories of Patients suffering and unable to face the jump in imported prices of essential medical items for which we had to depend on other countries. Like stents , ortho external fixators to name a few.
THE FALL WAS ATTRIBUTED TO INTERNATIONAL PRICE OF OIL. OIL PRODUCING COUNTRIES ARE ALSO INTERESTED IN BUSINESS AND BUILDING RESERVES FOR THEIR COUNTRIES. SO SHOULD WE , THE OIL STARVED COUNTRY PREPARE OURSELVES FOR THE EXIGENCY WITH FORESIGHT TO SEE THAT WE REPLACE THE OTHER IMPORTS WITH DOMESTIC PRODUCTION ? WHAT ARE THE PRODUCTS THAT INDIA SHOULD TRY TO REPLACE IMPORTS .
- Electronic & Computer components:
So many of computer components when we go to buy the trader gives the Chinese product first say this is the cheapest . He himself goes on to say others are costly .
- Electrical goods : Starting from Bulbs , wires , Plugs , Adaptors , the first product the trader comes out is a Chinese product .
- Medical & Surgical : Of course the Chinese haven’t dominated in this field as American & British and other European countries .They are no doubt superior products . The value of our money forbids the even the middle class to buy and save his life or improve the quality of his life as long as he lives.
- War & Defense Equipments : Have any Nations said that it is out of Bound for India to Manufacture our own defense equipments in India .
Even when there was so much opposition from the Great world powers to allow any other country to get into Nuclear Production India went ahead in 1974 – POKHRAN I .
India did 'Smiling Buddha' 1974 (MEA designed : Pokhran-I) was the assigned code name of India's first successful nuclear bomb test. With the Smiling Buddha, India became the world's sixth nuclear power after the United States, Soviet Union, Britain, France and China to successfully test out a nuclear bomb. At a time when the super powers were against India doing it .
WHEN INDIA DID IT IN 1974 WHY NOT PRODUCE DEFENSE WEAPONS. Thousands of Crores of Foreign Exchange would have been saved.
- Plastic toys It is open secret that all the road side toys are manufactured from Our Friendly neighbor . Why allow Imports on one side and stealthy smuggling on the other side.
- Electrical Equipments: This again a well known fact . All of the electrical goods from Bulbs ,plugs , wires , torches, small fans available are from China and the Korea.
THE INDIAN GOVERNMENT SEEMS TO ENCOURAGE MORE OF THE TRADING SECTOR THAN THE MANUFACTURING SECTOR AS IS EVIDENT FROM ALLOWING THE CHINESE IMPORTS , OFFICIAL AND STEALTHY .
SO TO IMPROVE THE VALUE OF OUT MONEY WE HAVE TO REALLY CHARGE THE RUPEE . How to do :
* MANUFACTURE ALL THIS ITEMS IN INDIA .
* THE CHEAP IMPORT OF CHINESE PRODUCTS OFFICIAL AS WELL AS STEALTHY WILL MAKE US INDIAN LAZY ON ONE SIDE & NOT GIVING A CHANCE TO DEVELOP SKILLS ON THE OTHER SIDE.
IF INDIA WANT TO BECOME A REAL PROSPEROUS AND INDUSTRIOUS COUNTRY , then Election oriented freebees, sops should stop or at least gradually be reduced . Instead work hard towards Training Indians in skills that will make us SKILL FULL IN Various fields. If it is not done on a war footing the race for Free bee giving will never end .
FINALLY YOU AND I WILL HAVE TO SWEAT OUT FOR THE RULING CLASS TO LIVE IN LUXURY AND WE IN PENURY BE PAY FOR ALL THE FREEBEES THEY ANNOUNCE AT THEIR WILL. more
I had gone for teaching to engineering colleges after retirement with a view to impart practical knowledge, but found no takers. Most of the students were interested in getting marks ( if assured of marks, they would not even attend the classes). The faculty is paid so low, that all those who do not get in any industry, as a last resort joins teaching. How can we expect that we will design and manufacture sophisticated equipment in India. more
This has declined Economic STATUS in the International Market which had its own impact on EXCHANGE RATE.
INDUSTRIAL SECTOR NEED TO BE REFORMED WITH RELEVANT REGULATIONS IN ALL CONNECTED FIELDS. more
INDUSTRIALIZATION NEED TO BE SET TO TRACK utilizing Make in India, Start-up and Stand-up in India, MSME, etc. Etc. more
Mandatory for this change would be for manufacturers to enhance the product quality to match foreign production quality. No gain without pains.
Today, demand is more than supply, the manufacturers get away with poor-quality products.
You've got to compete on the world market in order to induce appreciation of your currency!....a basic rule of economics! more