RAIL TOILETS AGAIN TO THE FORE AFTER A LONG LULL :
We have seen many circle members agreeing with the valid points in the Resource posts, specifically emphasizing the need for cleanliness in toilets ; some comments sadly attribute cause for the state of affairs to the passengers .If that is so who is to correct them , the co passengers ? Will any one have the guts to pin point that . Just because there are no one to look after the Toilets the mistakes keep repeating .
Though it is true to a certain extent, what about our brothers and Sisters who are complaining about the toilets . They definitely don’t fall in that category . They are responsible citizens . When they enter a dirty Toilet does the Railways expect these responsible passengers to clean the toilets . If any one says yes that it is most absurd .
Now who is managing the Railways , who is getting paid for that , who is getting all the perks from Senior Managers down to the last 4th Grade .
The CEO and the officers Can’t blame either the last Grade workers or the passengers as the railways should know their responsibility to give an ideal traveling atmosphere to the traveling customer . only after that they have the rights to point their fingers at the public.
IN THIS REGARDS OF CLEANLINESS, DUTIES OF THE RAILWAYS FROM TOP TO BOTTOM IS TO PROVIDE AN IDEAL ATMOSPHERE FOR THE TRAVELING CUSTOMERS . ONLY IF RAILWAYS TREAT US CUSTOMERS WILL THEY UNDERSTAND THAT THEY HAVE A DUTY TO PERFORM BEFORE TAKING THE PAY PACK AND PERKS. IF NO ONE HAS GIVEN THE RAILWAYS HERE COMES FROM THE CIRCLE MEMBERS VALUABLE TIPS AND TO IDENTIFY THE GAPS AND THE LACUNAE .
By the way , nothing mentioned here is new ; all have been said and repeated several times .Now to cover up this let the tactics to come out with some thing Like Bullet trains, Tejas express , Maharajas , Vande Express to close our eyes on the essentials . ALL PAYING PASSENGERS ARE CUSTOMERS . THEY ALL SEEK CUSTOMER SERVICE . Nothing out of the way . But the basic ones . Isn’t Toilet Cleanliness one of Basic ones.
Most trains traverse across 2 or more Railway Divisions and in some cases Different zones .The Supervision and cross check takes a beating . That is being exploited by personnel to escape responsibility . Some conditions to be followed strictly :
* Starting station sends the train clean . Check water levels and all fittings in order .
* As the train moves the responsibility should be fixed clearly on the staff traveling in train. The train attendants should be responsible for a set of Compartments . They have quite a lot of time at their disposal to look into it . They should also be trained to look into leakage of pipes etc.
* make sure water is available , if not the attendants report for Water and make sure it is supplied. If there is a leak fix the leak first before filling water .
* Position the mirror in the wet / lower area , so that the passenger stands in the dry raised area when looking into the mirror.
* Provide a small piss pot so that the toilet commode is not soiled .
* Make sure no leaking pipe
* Provide Exhaust fan in each toilet instead of being air tight and air coming only from the Commode .
* Chose the best fittings while purchase .
* Decentralize all purchases to the Zonal Heads . The Railway Board members or the minister shouldn’t have anything to do with it .
* Finally the make the designers of Toilets travel in Trains before they finalize the design .
* THE STAFF TRAVELING IN THE TRAIN SHOULD E HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROPERTY IN THE COMPARTMENTS .
At least start in the long distance trains that have more than 48 hours journey time .
TRAIN THE RAIL MEN TO TREAT PASSENGERS LIKE CUSTOMERS AND RENDER CUSTOMER SERVICE . more
Also people in india are still uneducated and spoil the toilets once they use (particularly in sleeper class).
Once the CCTV is installed the tracking can be done inside the train itself and punishment can be implemented for those who found spoiling toilets once they use it. more