Provide Micro wave Ovens in running trains
Railway should seriously think of providing Micro Wave Ovens to be used on payment basis so that people can enjoy Hot Food, Papads, Khichita, Corns and Toasts on journey. It will be a great value addition, will provide employment and safety and will make journey a thing to remember more
On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 6:31 PM SUBHASH PARAKH <firstname.lastname@example.org>
It is helpful and adds to the comfort of passengers. But not without a RIDER. Leave alone the Hazards and the banning in Russia and other countries .
CAN THE IRCTC , RAIL STAFF HANDLE MAINTENANCE OF SUCH AN EQUIPMENT USED ON A DAILY BASIS BY HUNDREDS OF TRAVELING PEOPLE ?
* Ovens used for food preparation must be cleaned on a regular basis to prevent biological contamination, fire, and door seal damage.
* Ovens used for laboratory applications cannot be used for food preparation. Conversely, food preparation ovens should never be used for other applications.
* Do not use aluminum foil or any metal containers, metal utensils, metal objects, or objects with metal or foil trim in the oven. They can cause arcing, damaging the oven and creating a fire or burn hazard.
* Do not heat objects that are sealed as they may explode, damaging the oven and blowing off the door.
* Never heat flammable or combustible liquid in the oven. A fire and/or explosion may result.
* Be careful when removing containers from the microwave oven. Containers or their contents may be very hot, resulting in burns or spills of hot materials. Containers have been known to explode after tightening the lid following removal from a microwave oven.
* If a fire starts inside the oven, leave the door closed, disconnect the power cord, if safe to do so, and call the emergency number if one available to avoid that affecting the rest of the passengers and train .
* Never make adjustments to, or tamper with, components of the oven. Do not try to perform repairs. The oven operates on high voltage and amperage that can be lethal if improperly handled.
Knowing full well the goings on in the service to the Rail passengers by the IRCTC Staff # I wouldn’t suggest a venture like this as I can foresee the conditions of the Ovens within a weeks time . First and foremost the Spluttered food particles on the side walls and ceiling remaining for ever .
# They are not selected properly, not paid the legitimate amount (as claimed by the staff) , disgruntled (again from the posts).
- In the interest of safe & comfortable Rail Journey. more
Suggestion: Each coach must display a mobile number for making complaints by the passengers by giving PNR No. right at the time of problem.... be it for food, laundry, cleanliness, toilets, upkeep of coach.... System must provide complaint number on the mobile of complainant..... Railways to resolve the problem online...... This will require a robust system in the background..... Railways can develop this system and do a pilot study in few trains (Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duranto,....) and then go for more long distance trains...... more