Plastics- our small practices at reducing the usage
- Carry bags for Buying vegetables, provisions etc.
- When staying at hotels, we ask for filtered water to be provided in jugs. Do not use the "free" mineral water bottles. Same when eating at hotels or traveling in trains or buses.
- Stopped buying plastic packed snacks and juices.
- When online delivery platforms deliver goods with more than required plastic, we promptly request them to reduce plastic by posting messages in social media. Most have acted on our requests.
- Carry our containers when getting delivery of food from hotels. Have identified hotels which pack the food in paper or banana leaves. With one small food delivery vendor, we requested them to get the food in their non-plastic containers. When they get the food, we empty the food onto containers at home and give back their containers.
Long way to go, but a small start. more